A poster dedicated to the game of Basketball. Printed on: Hahnemühle Museum Etching 350gsm – 841mm x 594mm.
RVCA has collaborated with South African designer Daniel Ting Chong to produce a capsule filled with food iconography & lettering.
I had the privilege of collaborating with NicSocks on a fun and adventurous range. The range consists of ‘Outer Space’, ‘Business Time’, ‘Eye Spy’ and ‘Emergency Socks’.
They are available and ship worldwide via www.nicsocks.com
In collaboration with iKineo, Daniel Ting Chong was commissioned to design the facade of Looms retail men’s store in Johannesburg which was also accompanied by a poster. Celebrating their launch of their online and interactive store windows, the concept was ‘Spam’.
Loom’s online and physical words collided to create an entirely new and engaging shopping experience. From the pavement to the packaging, passersby and loyal customers were exposed to a new realm of retail that went beyong a simple purchase. By developing a highly inegrated experience, we helped establish Loom as a hub for innovation, whilst setting a new benchmark for immersive retail in South Africa.
They constructed the concept ‘The Future King Of Africa’. The line applies not only to the players but to the fans as well, allowing them to feel they are part of the movement.
The campaign consists of apparel and print collateral.
‘Heart of Gold’ is a playful exploration of the concepts of money, consumerism and greed by Jordan Metcalf and Daniel Ting Chong. Following on the form of their previous project Fear.Less, the artists have played with scale and medium to re-contextualise consumer-based iconography and lexicon as art. The pieces are stark, sleek and graphic, using limited colour palettes and diverse mediums such as glass, paper, wood and ceramic.
In collaboration with Essie Letterpress, I was asked to create an illustration for the month January. The illustration depicted the transitional stage of being on holiday and returning to work.
I was comissioned by Nike South Africa to brand their new running club called ‘Braamfie Runners’. I used a typographic approach for the logo and formed a lockup by intergrating the letters ‘B’ & ‘R’ to emphasize the movement of running. I also created symbols that represented the different levels of runners: Novice, Intermediate and Experienced.
Each symbol represents an internal organ which is pivotal to the human body when exercising. Namely the Heart, Lungs and Thorax. The complexity of each symbol differentiates the level of the runner as well as the difficulty of the run. Each runner receives their symbol as a sticker to mark their routes around the city.
I was asked to illustrate a South African cityscape comprised of Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. The illustration serves the purpose of an interactive display at ABSA branches, where clients interact with the illustration through a touch display that provides information about the services offered by ABSA.
Here are some selected segments from the Cityscape. There is also a video segment panning through the Cityscape.
I exhibited some limited giclée prints at Wolves Café in Johannesburg, South Africa. I wanted to make very flat and monochromatic prints. Each print was printed on Hahnemühle 300 gsm.
I collaborated with a soap maker in Johannesburg, South Africa. I wanted to make something quite quirky and fun. The Paintbrush has a lemon scent, the Clever has a strong peppermint scent and the Ice Cream is a combination of both.
These are available through local stores in South Africa and via my site.
Dear Me is a all-day brasserie and deli in Cape Town, South Africa. It was a project i started whilst at The President Design Studio. I was asked to develop a brand identity and various design collateral. I came up with name ‘Dear Me’ to give a sense of self reward when visiting the brasserie.
I was asked to participate in the RVCA Guitar Show in Cape Town, South Africa. Each artist was given a acoustic guitar to
This is my first range of pillowcase designs. The pillowcases are printed on both sides and have been designed in such a way that one side represents day while the other represents night. You place the pillow on the side that corresponds with the appropriate time of day. In essence, I feel that the pillowcases represent a state of ‘conscious sleeping’. Each set comes with two pillowcases produced from 200 thread percale cotton and packaged in a vacuum sealed plastic. They’re on sale at local stores in Cape Town but international shipping is also available.
Bacardi have enlisted the diverse talents of Cape Town visual artist Daniel Ting Chong, chef Kobus van der Merwe and synth-scratch DJ Sibot for the event, to create the first bespoke Bacardi experience in South Africa.
Party Images: Andrew Berry | www.we-are-awesome.com
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You 5,750 views in Photography
- When You See Where This Hidden Staircase Leads You’re Going To Want One 2,880 views in Design
- Stunning Colorized Photos Of The Discovery Of The Tutankhamun’s Tomb In The 1920s 1,653 views in Travel
- Photographer Emily Lauren Wants To Change The Way We See Female Beauty 1,629 views in Photography
- Expand Your General Knowledge With These Fun Illustrated Facts 1,422 views in Inspirations
- Stewardess Skill Training In China 1,337 views in Travel
- New Hilarious Mashups By Stephen McMennamy 1,257 views in Inspirations
- The Kings Of The Forest – Photographer Spent 3 Days In Nepal To Document The Isolated Tribe 1,182 views in Travel
- Guy Shows Off His Amazing World War II Cover Up Tattoo 1,175 views in Inspirations
- Striking Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities At The Golden Globes 2017 1,081 views in Photography
- Veteran Storm Chaser Captures The Stunning Beauty Of Deadly Monsoons In Arizona 1,063 views in Photography
- 61-Year-Old Model Absolutely Rocks Her Swimsuit Campaign 1,053 views in Photography
- Controversial Walking Dead Photo Shoot Gets People Talking 840 views in Photography
- Guy Transforms 1907 Upright Piano Into A Luxurious Desk 809 views in Design
- Aviation Enthusiasts Has Converted Luxury Private Jet Into A Holiday Campsite 802 views in Travel