Over 30 suggestions of fun, free, or affordable things to do in New York City this weekend. Events in art, music, film, theater, dance, talks, food and general fun. See it all…
More than 20, maybe more than 30(!) free and affordable things to do in NYC this weekend (October 4th through 6th) in art, music, design, film, theater, food, and general fun. A pop-up drive-in in Queens… a film festival in Bushwick… free concerts including the Ex Cops… a Chile Pepper Festival and way too much more to list here. See the rest…
A heart-shaped hub is at the center of this proposed design for a hotel in NYC by ZA Architects. More on collabcubed…
More than 20 fun and affordable things to do in NYC this post-Labor Day weekend. From Doug Aitken’s Station-to-Station art & music moving extravaganza; 3 days of Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” in the park; skateboarding films at BAM; The Good Festival; The Drowners play at The Knitting Factory; free screening of Jarmusch’s “Down by Law” and much much more…
More than 20 suggestions of things to do in New York City this weekend that won’t break the bank: Fringe Festival kicks off today for 16 days; Summer Streets is back tomorrow morning…and most likely crazy lines for the Voice Tunnel; Artist Sandcastle Competition in Rockaway (looks like it could get soggy); Nick Lowe at Lincoln Ctr; Shaggy & They Might Be Giants (not together) at Prospect Pk; Films from Chaplin to a Brazilian doc and, really, too much more to list here. See for yourself…
Over 50 suggestions of free and cheap things to do in NYC this weekend and beyond in art, music, theater, film, dance, food, comedy and general fun. Staycation daytrip ideas as well for those who aren’t getting away this summer. Take a tour of the art and culture of East Harlem, take in The Breaking Bad Marathon at Lincoln Center, See “The Taming of the Shrew” Calypso style; Animation Block Party; A chocolate scavenger hunt; The Gaslight Anthem play at Irving Plaza and, well, way more…
German artist Robert Barta challenges gallery visitors to cross the room walking on half a million little metal balls. More on collabcubed.
Designers and friends Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman finding themselves dissatisfied with dating in NYC, set upon an adventure/experiment/project of dating each other for 40 days and documenting the experience. See more on collabcubed…
Looking for free/cheap things to do in NYC this July weekend? Get yourself 3D scanned at Muji… Celebrate the OC’s 10th Anniversary with trivia & prizes… SoPercussion w/The Joshua Light Show downtown… Shakespeare in the Parking Lot on the LES… Hear Chamber music in a Crypt… and much, much more at cultureonthecheap.
It’s officially summer and there are so many fun ways to celebrate in NYC. We’ve got loads of free and cheap suggestions of things to do in art, music, film, theater, dance, design, food and more. The Mermaid Parade! Fear of Men at the Seaport! Make Music NY Fest! James Turrell at the Guggenheim! And so much more…
Studio Andrew Todd in Paris has designed a sustainable theater made mostly of bales of recycled paper, as well as bamboo and cardboard. See more on collabcubed.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Impeccably-Dressed Bunny Models The Tiny Dapper Outfits Made By His Human
- Humorous Photo Manipulations By James Popsys
- The Emancipation Of Dissonance: Surreal Artworks By Charlie Davoli
- Black Velvet Galaxy Nebula Cake
- Surreal Photo Manipulations By Laurent Rosset Turn Landscapes Into Giant Waves
- Military Dads Have Tea With Their Daughters In Touching Photo Series
- A Restaurant Perched Atop A Mountain Peak
- Symbiosis Of Retro And Modernity: Russian Car By Bilenkin Vintage
- World’s Longest Tunnel Slide To Open In London This Summer
- Beautiful Women Portraits By Marta Bevacqua
- New Entries For The 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Why Is This Little House In The Middle Of The Street In New York?
- Meet Smoothie, The World’s Most Photogenic Cat
- Venezuelan Crisis Leaves Families With Empty Fridges
- Explorer Matthias Haker Discovers Crumbling Churches, Overgrown Synagogues and Golden Chapels