ViaThe photorealist work of Argentinian painter Diego Gravinese takes the genre into interstellar overdrive. Have you ever gone into a convenience store whilst under the influence of hearty dose of psilocybin? That’s what Diego’s work reminds me of – intense waves of hypereality so electrifying they make you feel as if you’re drowning in god’s neon slurpee of love – and livin’ every minute of it as if it were your last.
via: Equipped with a Pentax 6×7 and a Hasselblad X-Pan, Joakim Eskildsen and Cia Rinne traveled through seven different countries alongside the Roma (Gypsies), Europe’s largest and most loathed ethnic minority. Throughout their thousand-year history, the Roma have been victims of oppression, forced assimiliation, enslavement and genocide, and still face a substantial amount of persecution throughout the EU today.
From: t looks like those ever dependable Tokions are keeping it nice and tidy. If you’ve never flipped through a copy, FRUiTS has a very simple content flow: each issue contains 80-odd pages of head-to-toe streetshots with details outlined in the footer. Arguably the most influential fashion magazine of the past decade, I love FRUiTS because it has inspired a generation of girls to embrace a fashion style that is eclectic, expressive, haphazard but always well executed.
Freelance Aristocrat: a decently educated, cultured individual who skips from metropole to metropole but rides the subway in every city he (or she) inhabits. Aran Darling, a Paris (via London, NYC & Vancouver)-based illustrator is about as close as one can get to achieving this vision of a free and easy sophisto-tramp lifestyle.
From: Way back in 2005, I was living in Tokyo working as a menu translator slash photographer’s assistant and I launched a film project that tragically never ended up seeing the light of day.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- Black Model Recreates Famous Fashion Campaigns To Highlight Lack Of Diversity In Fashion Industry
- Surreal Photos Of Russia That Look Like A Strange Fairytale
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Incredible Colorized Photos Of Soldiers During World War One
- Russian Firefighters Have Released The Most Stunning 2017 Charity Calendar
- Beard Lights Will Turn Your Beard Into A Christmas Tree
- Funny Photographs Of People Surprised In Their Privacy
- Victorian Christmas Cards That Are As Creepy As Those Times Themselves
- National Geographic Nature Photographer Of The Year 2016 Winners
- DIY Paper Animal Lamps Turn Your Boring Room Into A Jungle
- Miniature Artist Steve Casino Creates Insanely Tiny Portraits On Peanuts
- These Unusual And Sarcastic Illustrations Will Make You Rethink The Way We Live
- Cantilevered Cabin: Dizzying Alpine Shelter Hangs Off The Edge Of A Cliff
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- Incredible Pictures Of A Girl Who Spent The First 10 Years Of Her Life Growing Up In The African Bush