ViaThe photorealist work of Argentinian painter Diego Gravinese takes the genre into interstellar overdrive. Have you ever gone into a convenience store whilst under the influence of hearty dose of psilocybin? That’s what Diego’s work reminds me of – intense waves of hypereality so electrifying they make you feel as if you’re drowning in god’s neon slurpee of love – and livin’ every minute of it as if it were your last.
via: Equipped with a Pentax 6×7 and a Hasselblad X-Pan, Joakim Eskildsen and Cia Rinne traveled through seven different countries alongside the Roma (Gypsies), Europe’s largest and most loathed ethnic minority. Throughout their thousand-year history, the Roma have been victims of oppression, forced assimiliation, enslavement and genocide, and still face a substantial amount of persecution throughout the EU today.
From: t looks like those ever dependable Tokions are keeping it nice and tidy. If you’ve never flipped through a copy, FRUiTS has a very simple content flow: each issue contains 80-odd pages of head-to-toe streetshots with details outlined in the footer. Arguably the most influential fashion magazine of the past decade, I love FRUiTS because it has inspired a generation of girls to embrace a fashion style that is eclectic, expressive, haphazard but always well executed.
Freelance Aristocrat: a decently educated, cultured individual who skips from metropole to metropole but rides the subway in every city he (or she) inhabits. Aran Darling, a Paris (via London, NYC & Vancouver)-based illustrator is about as close as one can get to achieving this vision of a free and easy sophisto-tramp lifestyle.
From: Way back in 2005, I was living in Tokyo working as a menu translator slash photographer’s assistant and I launched a film project that tragically never ended up seeing the light of day.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- This Artist Duo Uses Face As A Canvas To Recreate Famous Classic Paintings
- Art Of The Deep Space
- Vintage Pie Ads
- How To Go All Out For Halloween Without Decorating Your House
- German Swat Team Members Get Chain Mail Like Anti-Knife Equipment
- Breathtaking Minimalist Tattoos By A Korean Artist
- This Is Europe’s Most Expensive Home
- Funny Cartoons From The New Yorker That Will Definitely Crack You Up
- A Group Of Artists Unveil A Mural Celebrating 250 Years Of Literary History
- Before The Photoshop: Headless Portraits From The 19th Century
- These Photos Of Surf City Surfing Dogs Will Make Your Day
- This Wall Clock Changes Shape When You Walk Around It
- Artist Turns Lovable Cartoon Characters Into Terrifying Monsters
- Minimalist Tattoos By Irina Irchey And Eugenia Vorobej Beautifully Blends Geometry With Nature
- US Soldiers Used Special Boots During The Vietnam War