ViaThe photorealist work of Argentinian painter Diego Gravinese takes the genre into interstellar overdrive. Have you ever gone into a convenience store whilst under the influence of hearty dose of psilocybin? That’s what Diego’s work reminds me of – intense waves of hypereality so electrifying they make you feel as if you’re drowning in god’s neon slurpee of love – and livin’ every minute of it as if it were your last.
via: Equipped with a Pentax 6×7 and a Hasselblad X-Pan, Joakim Eskildsen and Cia Rinne traveled through seven different countries alongside the Roma (Gypsies), Europe’s largest and most loathed ethnic minority. Throughout their thousand-year history, the Roma have been victims of oppression, forced assimiliation, enslavement and genocide, and still face a substantial amount of persecution throughout the EU today.
From: t looks like those ever dependable Tokions are keeping it nice and tidy. If you’ve never flipped through a copy, FRUiTS has a very simple content flow: each issue contains 80-odd pages of head-to-toe streetshots with details outlined in the footer. Arguably the most influential fashion magazine of the past decade, I love FRUiTS because it has inspired a generation of girls to embrace a fashion style that is eclectic, expressive, haphazard but always well executed.
Freelance Aristocrat: a decently educated, cultured individual who skips from metropole to metropole but rides the subway in every city he (or she) inhabits. Aran Darling, a Paris (via London, NYC & Vancouver)-based illustrator is about as close as one can get to achieving this vision of a free and easy sophisto-tramp lifestyle.
From: Way back in 2005, I was living in Tokyo working as a menu translator slash photographer’s assistant and I launched a film project that tragically never ended up seeing the light of day.
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 38,680 - Photography
- Truthful Images That Show Why Holocaust Memorial Selfies Are So Disrespectful Views today: 5,032 - Photography
- Watch Inside Obama’s New Home Views today: 1,631 - Architecture
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 1,428 - Inspirations
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 562 - Travel
- Honest Puns Inspired By CSS That Web Designers Can Relate To Views today: 549 - Inspirations
- Artist Shepard Fairey Adapts Obama’s Hope Poster For Trump Inauguration Views today: 539 - Inspirations
- Can Photographs Change The World? Somalia Tragedy Through The Lens Of Jean-Claude Coutausse Views today: 505 - Photography
- Powerful Portraits Show The Faces Behind The Women’s March On Washington Views today: 484 - Photography
- These Stunning Images Got Such A Great Reception They Have Been Unveiled As The Best Wedding Photos Of 2016 Views today: 476 - Photography
- Architects Adds Treetop Cabin With Stargazing Net To Sweden’s Treehotel Views today: 413 - Architecture
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 382 - Photography
- These Sad Dogs Outside Shops Will Make You Cry Views today: 358 - Animals
- Photographer Weronika Gęsicka Takes Corny American Photography And Manipulates It Into Something Surreal And Uncomfortable Views today: 341 - Inspirations
- Magical Drawings Put Women In Conversation With Their Inner Demons Views today: 312 - Inspirations