ViaThe photorealist work of Argentinian painter Diego Gravinese takes the genre into interstellar overdrive. Have you ever gone into a convenience store whilst under the influence of hearty dose of psilocybin? That’s what Diego’s work reminds me of – intense waves of hypereality so electrifying they make you feel as if you’re drowning in god’s neon slurpee of love – and livin’ every minute of it as if it were your last.
via: Equipped with a Pentax 6×7 and a Hasselblad X-Pan, Joakim Eskildsen and Cia Rinne traveled through seven different countries alongside the Roma (Gypsies), Europe’s largest and most loathed ethnic minority. Throughout their thousand-year history, the Roma have been victims of oppression, forced assimiliation, enslavement and genocide, and still face a substantial amount of persecution throughout the EU today.
From: t looks like those ever dependable Tokions are keeping it nice and tidy. If you’ve never flipped through a copy, FRUiTS has a very simple content flow: each issue contains 80-odd pages of head-to-toe streetshots with details outlined in the footer. Arguably the most influential fashion magazine of the past decade, I love FRUiTS because it has inspired a generation of girls to embrace a fashion style that is eclectic, expressive, haphazard but always well executed.
Freelance Aristocrat: a decently educated, cultured individual who skips from metropole to metropole but rides the subway in every city he (or she) inhabits. Aran Darling, a Paris (via London, NYC & Vancouver)-based illustrator is about as close as one can get to achieving this vision of a free and easy sophisto-tramp lifestyle.
From: Way back in 2005, I was living in Tokyo working as a menu translator slash photographer’s assistant and I launched a film project that tragically never ended up seeing the light of day.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Guy And His Wife Hosted An Awesome Walking Dead Premiere Party
- Some Guy Is Leaving Hilarious Fake Trivia Books In Bookstores
- Artist Maria Gasanova Paints Live Models To Look Like Watercolour Masterpieces
- The Hofskirkja Church – The Only Church Left With A Grass Rooftop
- Someone Is Hiding Dirty Texts In Beautiful Photos And It’s Hilarious
- Intimate Murals Revive Abandoned Buildings Around The World
- Projection-Mapped PDA Puts Kissing Couples On Display In Paris
- Rita Kluge’s Distinctive Photos Capture The Humpback Whale Calving Season In The South Pacific
- Breathtaking Views Of Earth From Above
- This Dad Turns His 6-Year-Old Son’s Drawings Into Reality
- Halloween-Obsessed Couple Build ‘Doll Asylum’ By Filling Home With Mutilated Toys
- Stunning Cosplay Photography By Natasha Firsakova
- Taste Of Insanity: Mindblowing Digital Artworks By Pierre-Alain D
- Brilliant Set Of Illusional Artworks Showing The Real Meaning Of The Word “Creativity”
- UK Landscape Photographer Of The Year Awards