ViaThe photorealist work of Argentinian painter Diego Gravinese takes the genre into interstellar overdrive. Have you ever gone into a convenience store whilst under the influence of hearty dose of psilocybin? That’s what Diego’s work reminds me of – intense waves of hypereality so electrifying they make you feel as if you’re drowning in god’s neon slurpee of love – and livin’ every minute of it as if it were your last.
via: Equipped with a Pentax 6×7 and a Hasselblad X-Pan, Joakim Eskildsen and Cia Rinne traveled through seven different countries alongside the Roma (Gypsies), Europe’s largest and most loathed ethnic minority. Throughout their thousand-year history, the Roma have been victims of oppression, forced assimiliation, enslavement and genocide, and still face a substantial amount of persecution throughout the EU today.
From: t looks like those ever dependable Tokions are keeping it nice and tidy. If you’ve never flipped through a copy, FRUiTS has a very simple content flow: each issue contains 80-odd pages of head-to-toe streetshots with details outlined in the footer. Arguably the most influential fashion magazine of the past decade, I love FRUiTS because it has inspired a generation of girls to embrace a fashion style that is eclectic, expressive, haphazard but always well executed.
Freelance Aristocrat: a decently educated, cultured individual who skips from metropole to metropole but rides the subway in every city he (or she) inhabits. Aran Darling, a Paris (via London, NYC & Vancouver)-based illustrator is about as close as one can get to achieving this vision of a free and easy sophisto-tramp lifestyle.
From: Way back in 2005, I was living in Tokyo working as a menu translator slash photographer’s assistant and I launched a film project that tragically never ended up seeing the light of day.
Check out the work of graf-artist turned interior designer Graham Oatman atand .
The anti-war photomontage work of
trashy, sexy, fun. Check her.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Artist’s Gorgeous Watercolor Paintings Align Perfectly With Surroundings
- Titian Fur Kitten: The Almost Perfect Professional Cat Model
- Ivorian Photographer Joana Choumali Shows Modern African Women Dressed In The Traditional Clothes Of Their Ancestors
- Beautiful Colorized Photos Of Immigrants in Their Traditional Dresses At The Ellis Island Immigration Station In The Early 20th Century
- Photographer Elaine Li Captures Beautiful Pictures Of Urban Landscapes In Unusual Ways
- Glowing Dress Turns Claire Danes Into Cinderella At The Met Gala
- Police Sketches Of 15 Literary Characters Based On Their Book Descriptions
- Mouth-Watering Lego Meals Art By Japanese Artist
- Malaysian Artist ‘Red’ Hong Yi Creates Jackie Chan Portrait Using Thousands Chopsticks
- Woman And Her Cat Have Been Sailing Around The World Together For Years
- Rare Photos Of 19-Year-Old Prince Outside Minneapolis’ Old Schmitt Music Headquarters In 1977
- Boxes Into Beds: Brilliant Idea Helps Earthquake Victims In Japan
- Meet Snoped, The Sleek Snowmobile
- Mugshots Of Female Nazi Concentration Camp Guards While Awaiting Trial In 1945
- “For The Love Of Peanut Butter”: Humorous Photo Series Of Dogs Eating Peanut Butter