“Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it ‘the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul.’ The mere imitation, however accurate, of what is in Nature, entitles no man to the sacred name of ‘Artist.’” – Edgar Allan Poe. Continue »
The first calendar to depict an entire year on a single, uninterrupted timeline | The Linear Calendar, now on Kickstarter
The Linear Calendar defies conventional calendar design in order to conform to our natural perception of time. Instead of breaking time into a grid format and separating it into multiple pages, we’ve created the Linear Calendar to portray an entire year on a single, uninterrupted timeline.
This creates a wonderfully natural sense of time, clearly and visually communicating how many days, weeks, or months between any given dates. Weekends are shaded in light grey and months are separated by a thin black line, transforming breaks in time from mere data to spatial information.
Made from Lamborghini seat material, intelligently designed, and field tested for a full 12 months.
The Trofeo Wallet is made of an extremely high quality material that meets The Association for Contract Textiles (ACT) specifications for heavy-duty use. This particular version is made “with a unique blend of recycled fibers to produce the sophisticated look of heathered fabric and wool flannels. The result is increased softness, durability and performance.” This stuff is legit.
- Durability: 75,000 double rubs (Wyzenbeek durability test)
- Fabric Strength: exceeds industry standards
- Pilling Resistance: exceeds industry standards
- Seam Strength: exceeds industry standards
- Colorfastness: exceeds industry standards
Due to its high performance, this type of textile is used as the seating and interior material in the rarest versions of the rarest sports cars, including the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0, the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Stradale, and the Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale.
This performance isn’t cheap, as you can imagine. To give context, a yard of cotton can cost $3.00. A yard of high quality silk can cost $28. The material we’re using, however, costs $120.00 per yard.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Police Sketches Of 15 Literary Characters Based On Their Book Descriptions
- Mouth-Watering Lego Meals Art By Japanese Artist
- Malaysian Artist ‘Red’ Hong Yi Creates Jackie Chan Portrait Using Thousands Chopsticks
- Woman And Her Cat Have Been Sailing Around The World Together For Years
- Rare Photos Of 19-Year-Old Prince Outside Minneapolis’ Old Schmitt Music Headquarters In 1977
- Boxes Into Beds: Brilliant Idea Helps Earthquake Victims In Japan
- Meet Snoped, The Sleek Snowmobile
- Mugshots Of Female Nazi Concentration Camp Guards While Awaiting Trial In 1945
- “For The Love Of Peanut Butter”: Humorous Photo Series Of Dogs Eating Peanut Butter
- Star Wars Toy Photography Through The Lens Of A U.S. Marine
- Beautiful Otherworldly Artwork Of Cyril Rolando
- With Fire On Their Blades: The Dark Fantasy Character Art Of Eve Ventrue
- A Collection Of Cartoons For Those Who Like Smart And Modern Humor
- Bearded Man Playfully Poses For Pin-Up Calendar To Raise Money For Children’s Charity
- Stunning Digital Female Portraits By Irakli Nadar