“Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it ‘the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul.’ The mere imitation, however accurate, of what is in Nature, entitles no man to the sacred name of ‘Artist.’” – Edgar Allan Poe. Continue »
The first calendar to depict an entire year on a single, uninterrupted timeline | The Linear Calendar, now on Kickstarter
The Linear Calendar defies conventional calendar design in order to conform to our natural perception of time. Instead of breaking time into a grid format and separating it into multiple pages, we’ve created the Linear Calendar to portray an entire year on a single, uninterrupted timeline.
This creates a wonderfully natural sense of time, clearly and visually communicating how many days, weeks, or months between any given dates. Weekends are shaded in light grey and months are separated by a thin black line, transforming breaks in time from mere data to spatial information.
Made from Lamborghini seat material, intelligently designed, and field tested for a full 12 months.
The Trofeo Wallet is made of an extremely high quality material that meets The Association for Contract Textiles (ACT) specifications for heavy-duty use. This particular version is made “with a unique blend of recycled fibers to produce the sophisticated look of heathered fabric and wool flannels. The result is increased softness, durability and performance.” This stuff is legit.
- Durability: 75,000 double rubs (Wyzenbeek durability test)
- Fabric Strength: exceeds industry standards
- Pilling Resistance: exceeds industry standards
- Seam Strength: exceeds industry standards
- Colorfastness: exceeds industry standards
Due to its high performance, this type of textile is used as the seating and interior material in the rarest versions of the rarest sports cars, including the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0, the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Stradale, and the Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale.
This performance isn’t cheap, as you can imagine. To give context, a yard of cotton can cost $3.00. A yard of high quality silk can cost $28. The material we’re using, however, costs $120.00 per yard.
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 4,157 - Photography
- Truthful Images That Show Why Holocaust Memorial Selfies Are So Disrespectful Views today: 1,500 - Photography
- Magical Drawings Put Women In Conversation With Their Inner Demons Views today: 1,318 - Inspirations
- Artist Playfully Reimagines Classic Art Paintings As LEGO People Views today: 1,124 - Inspirations
- Moscow vs New York: Visual Comparison Of Two Big Cities 45 Years Ago Views today: 700 - Travel
- Watch Inside Obama’s New Home Views today: 628 - Architecture
- This Woman And Her Cat Have Been On The Most Gorgeous Sailboat Adventure Since 2006 Views today: 430 - Travel
- 600-Year-Old Buddha Emerges From The Lake In China Views today: 426 - Travel
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 415 - Inspirations
- Nature Interiors: When Nature Invades Abandoned Places Views today: 313 - Inspirations
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever Views today: 293 - Design
- Biting Illustrations That Uncover All Of The Human Essences In Modern World Views today: 262 - Inspirations
- Photographer Weronika Gęsicka Takes Corny American Photography And Manipulates It Into Something Surreal And Uncomfortable Views today: 250 - Inspirations
- Kurdish Dandies Start Iraq’s First Fashion Club Views today: 242 - Inspirations
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 238 - Travel