“Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it ‘the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul.’ The mere imitation, however accurate, of what is in Nature, entitles no man to the sacred name of ‘Artist.’” – Edgar Allan Poe. Continue »
The first calendar to depict an entire year on a single, uninterrupted timeline | The Linear Calendar, now on Kickstarter
The Linear Calendar defies conventional calendar design in order to conform to our natural perception of time. Instead of breaking time into a grid format and separating it into multiple pages, we’ve created the Linear Calendar to portray an entire year on a single, uninterrupted timeline.
This creates a wonderfully natural sense of time, clearly and visually communicating how many days, weeks, or months between any given dates. Weekends are shaded in light grey and months are separated by a thin black line, transforming breaks in time from mere data to spatial information.
Made from Lamborghini seat material, intelligently designed, and field tested for a full 12 months.
The Trofeo Wallet is made of an extremely high quality material that meets The Association for Contract Textiles (ACT) specifications for heavy-duty use. This particular version is made “with a unique blend of recycled fibers to produce the sophisticated look of heathered fabric and wool flannels. The result is increased softness, durability and performance.” This stuff is legit.
- Durability: 75,000 double rubs (Wyzenbeek durability test)
- Fabric Strength: exceeds industry standards
- Pilling Resistance: exceeds industry standards
- Seam Strength: exceeds industry standards
- Colorfastness: exceeds industry standards
Due to its high performance, this type of textile is used as the seating and interior material in the rarest versions of the rarest sports cars, including the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0, the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Stradale, and the Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale.
This performance isn’t cheap, as you can imagine. To give context, a yard of cotton can cost $3.00. A yard of high quality silk can cost $28. The material we’re using, however, costs $120.00 per yard.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Photographer Captures An Empty New York City During The Snowpocalypse
- Before Photoshop – 14 Historic Photos That Have Been Manipulated
- Adorable 1970s Valentine’s Day Cards Featuring The McDonaldland Characters
- What Art History Would Look Like If Men And Women Had More Tattoos
- 12 Charts That Perfectly Sum Up Being In A Long Distance Relationship
- Death Anxiety Comics Inspired By Our Fears
- Forgotten Housing Estates In Paris Captured By Laurent Kronental
- Makeup Artist Turns Herself Into Creepy Monsters That’ll Give You Nightmares
- Benetton Uses Ethnicity Data To Create Computer-Generated ‘Models’ From Different Cities
- $2 Junk Shop Photo Turns Out To Be Worth $5,000,000
- Artists Create Unique Wallcut Murals In Abandoned Factory
- 15 Authentic Shots Of Motherhood In All Its Beauty
- Gerard Schlosser’s Intimate And Hyperrealistic Paintings Of The Body (NSFW)
- Breathtaking Photos Of London Town From Above
- Juniper, The Happiest Fox In The World