The website whatacharacter is an attempt to present typefaces in a new and interesting way. By showing individual characters in big size, the focus is on the beauty of the outlines and their details, rather than on the entire alphabet. Of course, you can see the rest of the characters as well …
This gentle script by Georg Salden is full of grace and vitality. The richness of ideas appear particularly in the curved capital characters. Lower case letters have curved elements primarily at the ascender and descender parts. Daphne Script contains in addition alternate characters and numerous other OpenType features.
Visit this Microsite to see more of this beautiful typeface.
Marat Sans is a new typeface by Ludwig Übele. It is a clean but lively sans serif typeface which combines Rational and Humanist ideas in a very practical way. It is characterized by both, strong personality and excellent legibility. The entire family contains 27 styles and weights, including a wide range of OpenType features. Marat Sans is the perfect companion for Marat, a soft and elegant serif typeface. Marat and Marat Sans are well-suited for a wide range of versatile tasks.
More at LudwigType
Rolls is a typeface by Georg Salden. It belongs to the Eurostile font style, which was created in the seventies by Aldo Novarese. All the usually round letter parts are here converted into straight lines with short corner curves. They thereby acquire an inward openness. To the exterior, however, the verticals follow one after the other, which was already regarded as nicely ornamental, though less reader-friendly, in the broken typefaces of the Middle Ages. In the case of Rolls, some letters were given greater definition by means serifs rather than corner curves. It is rather like a semi-sans-serif and is spaced very tight.
What’s really interesting is the rather calligraphic italic, which forms a great contrast to the angular upright. Salden himself said that Rolls is one of his few typefaces that also can be slanted automatically. But only this gentle and zestful italic unfolds its charm.
More at TypeManufactur
The great Polo typeface by Georg Salden has now eight narrow fonts.
More here: http://www.typemanufactur.com/eng/fonts/polo/overview.html
This poster shows Videon, an experimental typeface which consists of only straight lines. In smaller font sizes, Videon is amazingly legible, and in larger font sizes it is a real eye-catcher. The poster shows the entire story of Utopia by Thomas Morus in its original latin version.
Check out this special site.
More here: www.typemanufactur.com
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Unbelievable Shell Sculptures By Rowan Mersh
- This Gorgeous Place Might As Well Be Called Pirate Island
- Random Bag On The Berlin Metro Was Simply Designed To Troll People
- Gigantic Straw Dinosaurs Take Over Chinese Village
- Artist Courtney Mattison Sculpts Colossal Ceramic Coral Reefs
- Patrick Dougherty’s Mind Blowing Nest Houses Made Of Living Trees
- Juan Cabana’s Genuine Mummified Mermaid Freaks
- Mike Rea’s Meticulously Crafted Wooden Sculptures Are A Film Nerd’s Heaven
- In Unretouched Ads, TV Stars And Amateur Models Show What Women Look Like In Their Undies
- Air Surfing Through New York City By RXM Creative
- Dusk Of An Infinite Shade: Fantasy Worlds Of Victor Cloux
- Solar Powered Glow-In-The-Dark Bike Path Inspired By Van Gogh
- Beautiful Watercolor Quotes By June Digan
- Rough Norwegian Street Art By Dolk Lundgren
- Growing Demand For Cardboard Coffins In Venezuela