For five days in mid-September, Beakerhead throws an extraordinary five-day-long smash-up filled with extraordinary art, memorizing street installations, and thought-provoking talks. Just like last year, Beakerhead put on an amazing visual display around the city. One thing you can always count on – they always go big. Continue »
While the Web provides artists with a global platform to showcase their work, only a select few can capture the hearts and minds of viewers with their unique and compelling visions. These are the innovators who transcend language barriers: their works immediately grab you, making you believe – if only for a second – that such scenes could actually exist.
Professional sculptor Stefanie Rocknak beat out 265 other artists from 42 states and 13 countries to create a sculpture honoring author and poet Edgar Allan Poe. A five-member artist selection committee decided on Rocknak’s stunning work that shows Poe with a suitcase in hand and a raven in front of him.
DesignCrowd, an online marketplace for graphic design services, recently launched a contest that can only be described as hilarious. Taking a high-res photo of any famous celebrity, they asked designers to use their skills in Photoshop, graphic design or illustration in creating the most realistic hipster possible.
Today, we bring you six talented individuals who look at the world from a unique perspective. These photographers have found a style that’s all their own and the world has come to embrace their incredible vision.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Daredevil Skateboarding On A Giant Yugoslav Monument
- This Russian Woman Grew Her Hair To Rapunzel Length
- London Drug Dealers’ Messages Through The Lens Of Conventional Marketing
- Computer Love: The Ultimate Guide To Computing
- Gibson Girls: The Sexiest Women Of All Time
- Surreal Abandoned Building From Kamchatka
- Epic Video Game Room Decoration Ideas From PIXERS
- This Artist Has Turned Store’s Regular Trashcan Into A Trashcan For People’s Hopes And Dreams
- Edwardian Criminal Faces Of North Shields: Vintage Mugshots Of Women In The Early 1900s
- Man Quits Job, Sells Everything To Travel With His Rescue Cat Across Australia
- What If Popular Media Persons Appears In Popular 2016 Movie Posters?
- This Is Not Your Granddad’s Creepy Brother: An Artist Makes Unbelievable Pro Silicone Masks
- This Artist Turns Children Drawings Into Real Toys
- Amazing Leaf-Inspired Bags From Budapest By Gabriella Moldovanyi
- A Guy Found A Scared Kitten Under A Truck And Just Couldn’t Say No To Her