For five days in mid-September, Beakerhead throws an extraordinary five-day-long smash-up filled with extraordinary art, memorizing street installations, and thought-provoking talks. Just like last year, Beakerhead put on an amazing visual display around the city. One thing you can always count on – they always go big. Continue »
While the Web provides artists with a global platform to showcase their work, only a select few can capture the hearts and minds of viewers with their unique and compelling visions. These are the innovators who transcend language barriers: their works immediately grab you, making you believe – if only for a second – that such scenes could actually exist.
Professional sculptor Stefanie Rocknak beat out 265 other artists from 42 states and 13 countries to create a sculpture honoring author and poet Edgar Allan Poe. A five-member artist selection committee decided on Rocknak’s stunning work that shows Poe with a suitcase in hand and a raven in front of him.
DesignCrowd, an online marketplace for graphic design services, recently launched a contest that can only be described as hilarious. Taking a high-res photo of any famous celebrity, they asked designers to use their skills in Photoshop, graphic design or illustration in creating the most realistic hipster possible.
Today, we bring you six talented individuals who look at the world from a unique perspective. These photographers have found a style that’s all their own and the world has come to embrace their incredible vision.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Handcrafted Floor Rugs By SurfaceWerks
- DIY Bullet Casing Earphones
- We Are Animals: Honest Illustrations By Andrea Radeck
- Lucas Levitan Beautifully Adds Cartoons To Photographs
- Photographer Creates Imaginative Images Of Her Daughter And Her Shadow
- A Former Janitor Collects And Photographs The Items Seized From Immigrants And Thrown Away By U.S. Customs And Border Patrol
- Artist Leaves Dress In The Dead Sea For 2 Years And It Turns Into Glittering Salt Crystal Masterpiece
- Polish Street Artist Just Unveiled Art Installations In Poland Which Are Based On Advertising Columns
- Bad Moon Rising
- Project Mermaids Lets Ocean-Lovers Don Tails And Live Out Their Siren Fantasies
- Portuguese Street Artist Wrapped Up A Giant Squirrel On The Streets Of Tallinn In Estonia
- Gorgeous Recipes Show Avocado Slices Arranged In Swirls, Shaped Into Roses
- Funny And Creative Illustrations Of Visual Puns That Will Make You Laugh
- An Artist Combines Famous Brands Logotypes With Classical Painting
- The Elephant That Was Injured By A Landmine Gets Her New Artificial Leg