The largest Festival of Colors in the United States takes place in Spanish Fork, Utah at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple. This year the celebration was held on March 30 and March 31. Every two hours, revelers got to experience countdowns and color throws or where bags of brightly colored corn starch filled the air by those gathered on the temple’s grounds.
If you’re a design-conscious individual who believes in sensible prices, check out Lookmatic, a relatively new online shop that sells modern and retro eyewear. Started in 2010, this Los Angeles-based company has quickly risen to become an online favorite because they offer a wide range of styles at low prices, like $65 for sunglasses and $95 for prescription eyewear.
After much anticipation, the all-new Legoland Hotel opened on Friday, April 5, 2013. Located right next to the theme park in Carlsbad, California, the three-story 250-room hotel does not disappoint, especially for those that can’t get enough of those colorful plastic bricks. Take a look inside.
British artist, physicist, and all-around science enthusiast Paul Friedlander produces kinetic light sculptures that provide a colorful feast for the eyes. Each piece in his body of work offers a visual medley of light and motion by rapidly rotating a piece of string through white light.
While many photographers will try and capture the natural beauty of a snowflake by using a macro lens, not many are able to show it with crystal clear precision like Don Komarechka.
For those that love turning something 2D into something 3D, check out these adorable printable papercraft animals from Mibo. The UK-based design studio sells the cutest paper animals we’ve ever seen in sets like Forest Friends (squirrel, hedgehog, badger and fox), The Marine Team (whale, dolphin, sea turtle, bannerfish, octopus) and The Wild Bunch (giraffe, monkey, lion and elephant).
As far as adorable photos go on the Internet, nothing can quite beat the ones of a young child growing up with his or her pet. Today we’d like to introduce you to Stasha Becker aka @northwestmommy, the mother and photographer of her 4-year-old son Julian and their huge dog, a five-year-old Newfoundland named Max.
History buffs will just love this visual blend of past and present by self-taught American photographer Seth Taras. It’s easy to forget that, where we now stand, many have stood before us. This project, entitled Know Where You Stand, was created as a reminder of major historical events, including the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, the invasion of Normandy in 1944, and the Hindenburg disaster in 1937.
While on assignment in North Korea, Associated Press Chief Photographer for Asia David Guttenfelder had the opportunity to snap shots on his iPhone and iPod Touch and share them through Instagram. This would be a first for anyone to directly post their geotagged photos to the app from the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK).
Inspired by modern art, movies and cartoons, these whimsical food art creations, by Idafrosk, will surely brighten your day.
Award-winning photographer Emmanuel Coupe-Kalomiris has taken some stunning shots of Utah’s beautiful landscape, particularly of the state’s blue hills and painterly desert. “There was very little post processing done, the colors were there in the hills and in the autumn plants. It only required small corrections as opposed to enhancements.”
While this Inception-style piece of public art, by artist Jordan Seiler, is trippy enough, know the backstory and you’ll appreciate it even more.
In China, public trees have been transforming into beautiful works of art thanks to 23-year-old art student Wang Yue. With her friend Li Yue, aka Belladrops, documenting her progress, the artist has garnered much attention for her creative public art which has turned the streets of Shijiazhuang into a delightful sort of pop-up gallery.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Portuguese Street Artist Wrapped Up A Giant Squirrel On The Streets Of Tallinn In Estonia
- Gorgeous Recipes Show Avocado Slices Arranged In Swirls, Shaped Into Roses
- Funny And Creative Illustrations Of Visual Puns That Will Make You Laugh
- An Artist Combines Famous Brands Logotypes With Classical Painting
- The Elephant That Was Injured By A Landmine Gets Her New Artificial Leg
- Street Art Puts Leonardo DiCaprio And Hillary Clinton In Money-Laundering Machine
- Skull Walker: A Creepy Scuttling Skull-Creature
- Meet The Father Who Makes Amazing Sculptures Out Of Toast For Daughter Who Has Severe Food Allergies
- This Guy Makes A DIY Axe Handle Out Of Gummy Bears
- Arctic Expedition Discover Mysterious Hole Cut Into The Ice
- Bizarre Apex Predator Shoes Get A Full Tooth Implant For Soles
- Probably, This Is The World’s Most Peaceful Toilet
- Autumn Forest Is Prettiest In Czechia Thanks To Photographer Janek Sedlář
- Bioluminescent Sea Fireflies Glittering Like Diamonds On The Rocks And Sand
- Fine Art Turned Into Clothes Lets You Wear Your Favorite Paintings