Call it skill, luck or just being at the right place at the right time. Chris McLennan is an international award winning travel and adventure photographer who’s captured some truly amazing photos of great white sharks breaching.
Mostly seen above mountains or hills, lenticular clouds are extraordinary clouds that, due to their smooth saucer-like shape, are often mistaken for UFOs. Lenticular clouds are formed when a current of moist air is forced upwards as it travels over a mountain, causing the moisture to condense and form a cloud. Compiled for you today, here are 20+ dramatic shots of lenticular clouds.
The art of sculptor Woods Davy is both inspired by nature and composed of natural elements. The artist, who lives and works in Venice, California, creates what he calls a sense of “Western Zen” with his gravity-defying rock sculptures.
Located in Zweibrücken, Germany, The Rose Garden of Princess Hildegard of Bavaria grows more than 60,000 roses of 2,000 varieties and, as a result, Zweibrücken is appropriately known as the City of Roses. In celebration of this alluring flower, German artist Ottmar Hörl developed a massive public art installation, entitled 1,000 Roses for Zweibrücken (2012).
Today, we take a look at six highly talented photographers whose photos of one particular city are far and above the most breathtaking and beautiful we’ve ever seen. To its stunning skyline to its iconic bridges and parks, New York City ranks as one of the most photographed places in the world, for good reason. These photographers do more than just highlight its best features, they make us fall in love with what many call “The City of Dreams” over and over again.
In Austin, Texas, Mondo Gallery has been showcasing artwork dedicated to the hit HBO series Game of Thrones. The special exhibit celebrates the epic fantasy, featuring the works of some incredible contemporary artists.
See more at My Modern Met.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Life-Size 1964 Ford Mustang Recreated In Lego
- Apple To Create New UK Headquarters At London’s Battersea Power Station
- This Mind-Blowing Audi Truck Could Be The Future Of Big Rigs
- A Look Inside The Luxurious Boeing 747-8 VIP
- How The Pros Film Crocodiles Up Close
- Sharon Stone And Anton Rivas In “Dog Day Afternoon” Photoshoot (2012)
- French Florist Spends 15 Years Decorating His Shop With 800 Water Cans
- This Humble Little House Was Designed For A Chef To Live On The Coast Of Norway
- Sarah Mudle’s Creepy Makeup Art Will Give You Nightmares
- Meet Rava Ray, The Sexy Queen Of The Stingrays
- Simple And Clever Pictures That Perfectly Sum Up Every Day Life
- Mike Miller’s Photography Captures ’90s Hip-Hop And Lowrider Culture To The Fullest
- 2016 Nikon Small World Photo Contest Winners
- Photographer Mike Kelley Captures Air Traffic In A Way You’ve Never Seen Before
- Artist Shows Off The Fleeting Nature Of Beauty With Crumbling Portraits