Call it skill, luck or just being at the right place at the right time. Chris McLennan is an international award winning travel and adventure photographer who’s captured some truly amazing photos of great white sharks breaching.
Mostly seen above mountains or hills, lenticular clouds are extraordinary clouds that, due to their smooth saucer-like shape, are often mistaken for UFOs. Lenticular clouds are formed when a current of moist air is forced upwards as it travels over a mountain, causing the moisture to condense and form a cloud. Compiled for you today, here are 20+ dramatic shots of lenticular clouds.
The art of sculptor Woods Davy is both inspired by nature and composed of natural elements. The artist, who lives and works in Venice, California, creates what he calls a sense of “Western Zen” with his gravity-defying rock sculptures.
Located in Zweibrücken, Germany, The Rose Garden of Princess Hildegard of Bavaria grows more than 60,000 roses of 2,000 varieties and, as a result, Zweibrücken is appropriately known as the City of Roses. In celebration of this alluring flower, German artist Ottmar Hörl developed a massive public art installation, entitled 1,000 Roses for Zweibrücken (2012).
Today, we take a look at six highly talented photographers whose photos of one particular city are far and above the most breathtaking and beautiful we’ve ever seen. To its stunning skyline to its iconic bridges and parks, New York City ranks as one of the most photographed places in the world, for good reason. These photographers do more than just highlight its best features, they make us fall in love with what many call “The City of Dreams” over and over again.
In Austin, Texas, Mondo Gallery has been showcasing artwork dedicated to the hit HBO series Game of Thrones. The special exhibit celebrates the epic fantasy, featuring the works of some incredible contemporary artists.
See more at My Modern Met.
When envisioning his marriage proposal to his future wife, Matthew Hartman probably never planned for this. As he knelt down on one knee and brought out the ring, a giant wave crashed up over the rocks and knocked them both out into the water. Photographer Jon Hwang was hired to document the moment. Continue »
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Ombre Tights Hand-Dyed By Tiffany Ju
- Maid-Themed Cafe In Chinese City Of Hangzhou
- Eerie Photographs Captured By An Urban Explorer Show An Abandoned Mental Asylum Crumbling Into Disrepair
- UK Royal Society Of Biology’s Photographer Of The Year Shortlist
- This Guy Took Apart A Drum Set And Turned It Into Something Awesome
- Rural Daily Life In A Small Tuscany Village Beautifully Photographed By Marco Sgarbi
- Badass Steampunk Skull Rocker Leather Waist And Holster Bag
- Breathtaking Photos Of London From Above
- Amazing Hand Painting Illusions By Ray Massey And Annie Ralli
- Elderly Animals By Isa Leshko
- Japanese Artist Makes Models Burst At The Seams With Creepy Zips, Buttons And Power Plugs Painted On Their Skin
- Fantasy Animals By Lee Cross
- This Artist Duo Uses Face As A Canvas To Recreate Famous Classic Paintings
- Art Of The Deep Space
- Vintage Pie Ads