Imagine you’re riding the subway. Now, how would you react if a stranger suddenly fell asleep on your shoulder? Brooklyn-based artist George Ferrandi is behind an eye-opening project called “It Felt Like I Knew You” that captures the priceless reactions of commuters when they get a little “too close” to a person they’ve never met.
While there are millions upon millions of websites on the Internet, it’s hard to find ones that will lift your mood and cheer you up. Today, we take a look at six of them. From miniature people to clever street art, these are the websites you can tell your friends about to share a good laugh.
One of the most startling effects of photography is its ability to touch a person’s heart. Just looking at a photo can bring back fond memories or it can remind us of things we wanted to forget. Today, we take a look at six photographers who have created powerful and touching photo series that speak to the heart.
Ready to see a selection of today’s best fine art photography? The International Fine Art Photography Competition (Grand Prix de la Découverte) has just announced its 2013 winners.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Artist’s Gorgeous Watercolor Paintings Align Perfectly With Surroundings
- Titian Fur Kitten: The Almost Perfect Professional Cat Model
- Ivorian Photographer Joana Choumali Shows Modern African Women Dressed In The Traditional Clothes Of Their Ancestors
- Beautiful Colorized Photos Of Immigrants in Their Traditional Dresses At The Ellis Island Immigration Station In The Early 20th Century
- Photographer Elaine Li Captures Beautiful Pictures Of Urban Landscapes In Unusual Ways
- Glowing Dress Turns Claire Danes Into Cinderella At The Met Gala
- Police Sketches Of 15 Literary Characters Based On Their Book Descriptions
- Mouth-Watering Lego Meals Art By Japanese Artist
- Malaysian Artist ‘Red’ Hong Yi Creates Jackie Chan Portrait Using Thousands Chopsticks
- Woman And Her Cat Have Been Sailing Around The World Together For Years
- Rare Photos Of 19-Year-Old Prince Outside Minneapolis’ Old Schmitt Music Headquarters In 1977
- Boxes Into Beds: Brilliant Idea Helps Earthquake Victims In Japan
- Meet Snoped, The Sleek Snowmobile
- Mugshots Of Female Nazi Concentration Camp Guards While Awaiting Trial In 1945
- “For The Love Of Peanut Butter”: Humorous Photo Series Of Dogs Eating Peanut Butter