What do you get when you mix the idyllic pastel paintings by Thomas Kinkade with characters from Star Wars? Something hilariously original! Artist Jeff Bennett recently created an awesome series called War on Kinkade that shows what happens when stormtroopers, AT-ATs, and Imperial Star Destroyers attack Kinkade’s overly sweet American scenes.
Though created for those who work in the advertising industry, almost anyone who makes that daily trek to the office will appreciate this hilarious set of illustrations called Workwankers. Peter Cortez and Joe Sayaman of agency Mizaplas have posted 15 illustrations that give funny pet names to those you can’t stand at work.
Using high-speed photography, photographer Carli Davidson captures dogs as they’re shaking off water, but it’s their hilarious expressions that make this series truly priceless. Here’s a selection of photos from her new book “Shake.”
See more at My Modern Met.
As any traveler knows, Lonely Planet creates awesome travel guide books that inspire people to explore far-flung places all over the world. Who hasn’t bought a Lonely Travel book before they took off on their vacation? In their latest book, Lonely Planet’s Beautiful World, they take us on a journey to the planet’s most breathtaking places, showing us a collection of images that celebrate the world’s most magnificent spectacles like fiery volcano eruptions, wind-sculpted icebergs, and mind-blowing migrations of wildlife.
Today, Nissan is launching a brand new photography contest called Capture Your #BestShot where they’re asking you to submit your best photo in one of three categories – Urban Life, Tech Inspiration and The Future. Three influential publications will be championing each of the three categories. It’s Nice That will judge Urban Life, Wired will take Tech Inspiration and My Modern Met will be selecting the best photo in The Future category.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- “The Last Of Us” Concept Art By John Sweeney
- Aquarium Ferns Grow Inside An Air Bubble Within Upside-Down Fish Tank
- By The Danger In Her Eyes: The Hauntingly Beautiful Portraits By Elena Sai
- Why Are Robots Still So Far Behind Humans: Robots With a Human Touch By João Paulo Bragato
- Of Sunrise And Sunset: Morbid Skies By Alena Aenami
- These Modern Interpretations Of Classic Rally Cars Are So Satisfying
- This Graphic Designer Uses Her Design Skills To Make Awesome Cookies
- Urban Jungle: Hong Kong From Above By Andy Yeung
- This Urban Artist Creates Amazing Rainbow Colored Art Around The World
- Slavik’s Fashion: The Most Stylish Hobo in The Ukraine
- Artist’s Gorgeous Watercolor Paintings Align Perfectly With Surroundings
- Titian Fur Kitten: The Almost Perfect Professional Cat Model
- Ivorian Photographer Joana Choumali Shows Modern African Women Dressed In The Traditional Clothes Of Their Ancestors
- Beautiful Colorized Photos Of Immigrants in Their Traditional Dresses At The Ellis Island Immigration Station In The Early 20th Century
- Photographer Elaine Li Captures Beautiful Pictures Of Urban Landscapes In Unusual Ways