What do you get when you mix the idyllic pastel paintings by Thomas Kinkade with characters from Star Wars? Something hilariously original! Artist Jeff Bennett recently created an awesome series called War on Kinkade that shows what happens when stormtroopers, AT-ATs, and Imperial Star Destroyers attack Kinkade’s overly sweet American scenes.
Though created for those who work in the advertising industry, almost anyone who makes that daily trek to the office will appreciate this hilarious set of illustrations called Workwankers. Peter Cortez and Joe Sayaman of agency Mizaplas have posted 15 illustrations that give funny pet names to those you can’t stand at work.
Using high-speed photography, photographer Carli Davidson captures dogs as they’re shaking off water, but it’s their hilarious expressions that make this series truly priceless. Here’s a selection of photos from her new book “Shake.”
See more at My Modern Met.
As any traveler knows, Lonely Planet creates awesome travel guide books that inspire people to explore far-flung places all over the world. Who hasn’t bought a Lonely Travel book before they took off on their vacation? In their latest book, Lonely Planet’s Beautiful World, they take us on a journey to the planet’s most breathtaking places, showing us a collection of images that celebrate the world’s most magnificent spectacles like fiery volcano eruptions, wind-sculpted icebergs, and mind-blowing migrations of wildlife.
Today, Nissan is launching a brand new photography contest called Capture Your #BestShot where they’re asking you to submit your best photo in one of three categories – Urban Life, Tech Inspiration and The Future. Three influential publications will be championing each of the three categories. It’s Nice That will judge Urban Life, Wired will take Tech Inspiration and My Modern Met will be selecting the best photo in The Future category.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- The Last Of The Kings: Very Sad Photos Of The Hard Life Of Congolese Gorillas
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- Black Model Recreates Famous Fashion Campaigns To Highlight Lack Of Diversity In Fashion Industry
- 80’s Young Fashion: Color Photos Of US Teen Girls During The 1980s
- Russian Firefighters Have Released The Most Stunning 2017 Charity Calendar
- This Little Cat Got Stuck In Ice Puddle At Russian -35°C Harsh Weather
- Surreal Photos Of Russia That Look Like A Strange Fairytale
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- Polish Craftsman Creates Amazing Household Items With A Folk Twist
- These Unusual And Sarcastic Illustrations Will Make You Rethink The Way We Live
- Incredible Colorized Photos Of Soldiers During World War One
- Chinese City Opens Awesome Five-Star Public Toilet
- The Angel Oak Tree In South Carolina Is Infernally Beautiful