Last night in Toronto, Chinese artist and activist Ai Weiwei presented a new version of his incredible Forever Bicycles installation. As the centerpiece of this year’s Scotiabank Nuit Blanche, the all-night contemporary art event that takes over city streets, 3,144 bicycles, the most Weiwei has used of this work to date, were stacked 100 feet in length and 30 feet in height and depth in Toronto’s Nathan Phillips Square.
Loving father Fred Evans always knew that he wanted to walk his daughters down the aisle on their wedding days, so upon discovering that he had terminal cancer and only a few months left to live, the determined dad surprised both his unmarried daughters with a ceremony to do just that.
Return to Sender is a funny photo series by photographer Tommy Kha that takes a unique approach to self-portraiture. Rather than taking a straight-forward image of himself, the Memphis-based photographer presents himself engaged in a one-sided kiss with dozens of strangers in various locales.
Chicago-based Japanese photographer Satoki Nagata captures spectacular portraits of strangers for his ongoing series titled Lights in Chicago. The collection of images, which the photographer has been accumulating for over two-and-a-half years, present almost ghostly silhouettes of people walking along the wintery streets of Chicago, a glowing projection of their outlines reflected in shop windows.
Currently showing at Galerie Perrotin’s new space in New York are eight fantastically fun sculptures of feathered polar bears. The New York gallery’s inaugural show, Italian artist’s Paola Pivi’s “Ok, you are better than me, so what?,” consists of these near life-size sculptures dancing, jumping and even resisting a diaper change.
Designer Najla El Zein just released these new photos of The Wind Portal, a beautiful installation that’s currently showing at the London Design Festival 2013. Made up of 5,000 paper windmills that spin to an integrated wind system, the installation has an architectural shape that creates a trompe l’oeil effect.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- The Angel Oak Tree In South Carolina Is Infernally Beautiful
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Chinese City Opens Awesome Five-Star Public Toilet
- Polish Craftsman Creates Amazing Household Items With A Folk Twist
- Aerial Images Of Salterns That Blur The Line Between Photograph And Painting
- Marvelous Dreamlike Portraits Of Redheads With Red Foxes By Alexandra Bochkareva
- This Peculiar Board Game Is Anticipated To Be Biggest Kickstarter Campaign Ever
- Surreal Animal Hybrid Tattoos Look Like Quirky Sketchbook Drawings
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Photographer Andreas Levers Captures The Hazy Glow Of Unpopulated Streets At Night
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- Black Model Recreates Famous Fashion Campaigns To Highlight Lack Of Diversity In Fashion Industry
- Frozen Beauty: The Look Inside Europe’s Largest Glacier
- This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair