Last night in Toronto, Chinese artist and activist Ai Weiwei presented a new version of his incredible Forever Bicycles installation. As the centerpiece of this year’s Scotiabank Nuit Blanche, the all-night contemporary art event that takes over city streets, 3,144 bicycles, the most Weiwei has used of this work to date, were stacked 100 feet in length and 30 feet in height and depth in Toronto’s Nathan Phillips Square.
Loving father Fred Evans always knew that he wanted to walk his daughters down the aisle on their wedding days, so upon discovering that he had terminal cancer and only a few months left to live, the determined dad surprised both his unmarried daughters with a ceremony to do just that.
Return to Sender is a funny photo series by photographer Tommy Kha that takes a unique approach to self-portraiture. Rather than taking a straight-forward image of himself, the Memphis-based photographer presents himself engaged in a one-sided kiss with dozens of strangers in various locales.
Chicago-based Japanese photographer Satoki Nagata captures spectacular portraits of strangers for his ongoing series titled Lights in Chicago. The collection of images, which the photographer has been accumulating for over two-and-a-half years, present almost ghostly silhouettes of people walking along the wintery streets of Chicago, a glowing projection of their outlines reflected in shop windows.
Currently showing at Galerie Perrotin’s new space in New York are eight fantastically fun sculptures of feathered polar bears. The New York gallery’s inaugural show, Italian artist’s Paola Pivi’s “Ok, you are better than me, so what?,” consists of these near life-size sculptures dancing, jumping and even resisting a diaper change.
Designer Najla El Zein just released these new photos of The Wind Portal, a beautiful installation that’s currently showing at the London Design Festival 2013. Made up of 5,000 paper windmills that spin to an integrated wind system, the installation has an architectural shape that creates a trompe l’oeil effect.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Unbelievable Shell Sculptures By Rowan Mersh
- This Gorgeous Place Might As Well Be Called Pirate Island
- Random Bag On The Berlin Metro Was Simply Designed To Troll People
- Gigantic Straw Dinosaurs Take Over Chinese Village
- Artist Courtney Mattison Sculpts Colossal Ceramic Coral Reefs
- Patrick Dougherty’s Mind Blowing Nest Houses Made Of Living Trees
- Juan Cabana’s Genuine Mummified Mermaid Freaks
- Mike Rea’s Meticulously Crafted Wooden Sculptures Are A Film Nerd’s Heaven
- In Unretouched Ads, TV Stars And Amateur Models Show What Women Look Like In Their Undies
- Air Surfing Through New York City By RXM Creative
- Dusk Of An Infinite Shade: Fantasy Worlds Of Victor Cloux
- Solar Powered Glow-In-The-Dark Bike Path Inspired By Van Gogh
- Beautiful Watercolor Quotes By June Digan
- Rough Norwegian Street Art By Dolk Lundgren
- Growing Demand For Cardboard Coffins In Venezuela