Here at Visual News, we’ve been looking for designers/illustrators to participate in an ongoing design series we like to call the Data + Design Project. As an off-shoot of Column Five Media, we are ardent supporters of the union between data and design. Check out the May entries for Line Charts here.
Marshall Meier – marshallmeier.com
Luigi Maldonado – byluigi.com
Michael Paukner – substudio.com
Adam Stevens – adamstevens.co
via: Visual News
Being born with weaker organs than others is a bummer, and the thought of losing your life because you weren’t able to get an organ transplant is even more disheartening. Organ donation rates have increased considerably over the years as awareness of donor programs has grown, yet nearly 20 Americans die each day while waiting for a transplant. Check out below to learn more.
Life in the Arab world has not been the same since the Arab Spring uprisings began in Tunisia a year and a half ago. The Arab Spring spread through neighboring countries and has changed the economic and political landscape of the Arab world for years to come, with corrupt leaders and harsh dictators being removed from power after decades of rule; but, where does this leave the Youth of the Arab world?
I would always wonder how many amazing people had walked the very same sidewalks as me. NYC is the birthplace of some of the greatest music of all time, where many artists got their starts and in all different types of genres. NYC is also the place where many of them chose to take their album art photos. Real Estate Agent by day, Bob Egan spends his free time as an album art detective, hunting down settings of some of his favorite records for popspotsnyc.com.
See more at:
via: Visual News
The age of Wi-Fi connected devices is in full force: during the course of 2012, the number of connected devices will exceed the world’s population. These increasing numbers show no sign of stopping, and within the next few years most of us will have at least two devices connected to public Wi-Fi networks. This greater availability of public Wi-Fi also brings unseen hazards for users to look out for: hackers.
It’s truly shocking when you find out the secret behind Jack Long’s sculptural looking Vessels and Blooms series. What at first looks like some form of blown glass or fluid 3D computer modeling, reveals itself as carefully planned and perfectly captured splashes of colored liquid! You read that right. These images capture a single splash event, captured as a single exposure!
via: Visual News
Remember your time being an awkward child or teenage? The time in your life when you look back and hardly realize the person staring back at you from middle school yearbooks or a friends’ photo album? Well, if you don’t remember those days, then you probably hung out with the “cool kids,” who never had a pimple, excelled at every sport, and nothing worried you in the slightest, because you were perfect. For the rest of us, we all have a similar reaction to those old, embarrassing photos —”Eh, so I used to be awkward, and it sucked.” Continue »
Over the last few decades, craft breweries have been coming into their own when it comes to making delicious pints of the “nectar of the gods.” The output coming out of large breweries dwarfs that of the smaller craft breweries each year – with companies like Budweiser to keep up with, it’s kind of a no brainer. But, the shining light for the small business owner is that the growth of small breweries has eclipsed overall beer industry growth. These indie brewers know they’re not trying to fill football stadiums with their brew, but the bellies and backyard BBQs of local individuals and loyal fans. This allows them to focus on quantity over quality, and looks like things are working out quite well for everyone involved.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Guy And His Wife Hosted An Awesome Walking Dead Premiere Party
- Some Guy Is Leaving Hilarious Fake Trivia Books In Bookstores
- Artist Maria Gasanova Paints Live Models To Look Like Watercolour Masterpieces
- The Hofskirkja Church – The Only Church Left With A Grass Rooftop
- Someone Is Hiding Dirty Texts In Beautiful Photos And It’s Hilarious
- Intimate Murals Revive Abandoned Buildings Around The World
- Projection-Mapped PDA Puts Kissing Couples On Display In Paris
- Rita Kluge’s Distinctive Photos Capture The Humpback Whale Calving Season In The South Pacific
- Breathtaking Views Of Earth From Above
- This Dad Turns His 6-Year-Old Son’s Drawings Into Reality
- Halloween-Obsessed Couple Build ‘Doll Asylum’ By Filling Home With Mutilated Toys
- Stunning Cosplay Photography By Natasha Firsakova
- Taste Of Insanity: Mindblowing Digital Artworks By Pierre-Alain D
- Brilliant Set Of Illusional Artworks Showing The Real Meaning Of The Word “Creativity”
- UK Landscape Photographer Of The Year Awards