For the first time ever, we present the creative process behind the cinematic with the use of an interactive data visualization – www.thewitcher.com/visualdata. It presents production process of THE WITCHER 2 cinematic.
We’ve created this chart to show gamers how complex and long-term the animation process is. We’ve depicted the painstaking work behind the production process as an expression of our admiration for the entire team’s efforts in making this this cinematic. THE WITCHER 2: Assassins of Kings was definitely worth it.
The interactive chart starts with the animatic, the structure of which dictates the scenes and shots that comprise the film. Each shot, in turn, has been organized by characters and layers, as well as the time and gigabytes of data used in its creation. The information is arranged in a structured hierarchy with marked parent and child categories. This layout makes it possible to compare and explore information at different levels of depth.
THE WITCHER 2 cinematic is here: https://vimeo.com/35721339.
Idea: Marcin Kobylecki
Art direction: Kuba Bogaczyński
Website: Rado Bogasch
In collaboration: Maciek Jackiewicz, Mateusz Popławski, Łukasz Sobisz, Grzegorz Kukuś, Marta Staniszewska, Monika Paćkowska, Piotr Suchodolski, Bartek Grzybowski
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Rita Kluge’s Distinctive Photos Capture The Humpback Whale Calving Season In The South Pacific
- Breathtaking Views Of Earth From Above
- This Dad Turns His 6-Year-Old Son’s Drawings Into Reality
- Halloween-Obsessed Couple Build ‘Doll Asylum’ By Filling Home With Mutilated Toys
- Stunning Cosplay Photography By Natasha Firsakova
- Taste Of Insanity: Mindblowing Digital Artworks By Pierre-Alain D
- Brilliant Set Of Illusional Artworks Showing The Real Meaning Of The Word “Creativity”
- UK Landscape Photographer Of The Year Awards
- Hottest And Most Grooviest Photos From The Past That Will Redefine Your Style Statement
- This Dog Loves to Play Dress Up With Cardboard Cutouts
- You Need A Mermaid Blanket In Your Life
- Anonymous Vigilante Is Fighting Asshole Drivers With This Parking Note
- Artist Covered The Poland National Gallery’s Staircase In Colorful Paint
- Slope Point Trees: Beauty Created By Force Of Nature
- Brazilian Families Pose With Children Affected By Zika Virus