For the first time ever, we present the creative process behind the cinematic with the use of an interactive data visualization – www.thewitcher.com/visualdata. It presents production process of THE WITCHER 2 cinematic.
We’ve created this chart to show gamers how complex and long-term the animation process is. We’ve depicted the painstaking work behind the production process as an expression of our admiration for the entire team’s efforts in making this this cinematic. THE WITCHER 2: Assassins of Kings was definitely worth it.
The interactive chart starts with the animatic, the structure of which dictates the scenes and shots that comprise the film. Each shot, in turn, has been organized by characters and layers, as well as the time and gigabytes of data used in its creation. The information is arranged in a structured hierarchy with marked parent and child categories. This layout makes it possible to compare and explore information at different levels of depth.
THE WITCHER 2 cinematic is here: https://vimeo.com/35721339.
Idea: Marcin Kobylecki
Art direction: Kuba Bogaczyński
Website: Rado Bogasch
In collaboration: Maciek Jackiewicz, Mateusz Popławski, Łukasz Sobisz, Grzegorz Kukuś, Marta Staniszewska, Monika Paćkowska, Piotr Suchodolski, Bartek Grzybowski
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Extraordinary Design Shelter That Looks Like A ‘Flintstones House’, And No One Wants To Buy It
- Polish Artists Recreate Traditional Slavic Head Wreaths With A Modern Twist
- This Ingenious Car From 1923 Turned Into A Boat
- Exercise Your Demons: Funny And Delightful Illustrations By Randyotter
- Utterly Magical Hand Carved Skulls That Will Light Up Your Room