For the first time ever, we present the creative process behind the cinematic with the use of an interactive data visualization – www.thewitcher.com/visualdata. It presents production process of THE WITCHER 2 cinematic.
We’ve created this chart to show gamers how complex and long-term the animation process is. We’ve depicted the painstaking work behind the production process as an expression of our admiration for the entire team’s efforts in making this this cinematic. THE WITCHER 2: Assassins of Kings was definitely worth it.
The interactive chart starts with the animatic, the structure of which dictates the scenes and shots that comprise the film. Each shot, in turn, has been organized by characters and layers, as well as the time and gigabytes of data used in its creation. The information is arranged in a structured hierarchy with marked parent and child categories. This layout makes it possible to compare and explore information at different levels of depth.
THE WITCHER 2 cinematic is here: https://vimeo.com/35721339.
Idea: Marcin Kobylecki
Art direction: Kuba Bogaczyński
Website: Rado Bogasch
In collaboration: Maciek Jackiewicz, Mateusz Popławski, Łukasz Sobisz, Grzegorz Kukuś, Marta Staniszewska, Monika Paćkowska, Piotr Suchodolski, Bartek Grzybowski
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Married Japanese Man Claims He Has Finally Found Love With A Sex Doll
- German Beer Ad Shows Men Cradling Their Beer Bellies Like Pregnant Moms
- An Artist Has Made This Badass Raven Costume Entirely By Hand
- Rio Olympics 2016 Team GB Athletes Strip Off For Campaign To Encourage Schoolgirls To Take Up Exercise
- Atkins Ciwem Environmental Photographer Of The Year 2016 Winners