For the first time ever, we present the creative process behind the cinematic with the use of an interactive data visualization – www.thewitcher.com/visualdata. It presents production process of THE WITCHER 2 cinematic.
We’ve created this chart to show gamers how complex and long-term the animation process is. We’ve depicted the painstaking work behind the production process as an expression of our admiration for the entire team’s efforts in making this this cinematic. THE WITCHER 2: Assassins of Kings was definitely worth it.
The interactive chart starts with the animatic, the structure of which dictates the scenes and shots that comprise the film. Each shot, in turn, has been organized by characters and layers, as well as the time and gigabytes of data used in its creation. The information is arranged in a structured hierarchy with marked parent and child categories. This layout makes it possible to compare and explore information at different levels of depth.
THE WITCHER 2 cinematic is here: https://vimeo.com/35721339.
Idea: Marcin Kobylecki
Art direction: Kuba Bogaczyński
Website: Rado Bogasch
In collaboration: Maciek Jackiewicz, Mateusz Popławski, Łukasz Sobisz, Grzegorz Kukuś, Marta Staniszewska, Monika Paćkowska, Piotr Suchodolski, Bartek Grzybowski
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Surreal Photo Manipulations By Laurent Rosset Turn Landscapes Into Giant Waves
- Military Dads Have Tea With Their Daughters In Touching Photo Series
- A Restaurant Perched Atop A Mountain Peak
- Symbiosis Of Retro And Modernity: Russian Car By Bilenkin Vintage
- World’s Longest Tunnel Slide To Open In London This Summer
- Beautiful Women Portraits By Marta Bevacqua
- New Entries For The 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Why Is This Little House In The Middle Of The Street In New York?
- Meet Smoothie, The World’s Most Photogenic Cat
- Venezuelan Crisis Leaves Families With Empty Fridges
- Explorer Matthias Haker Discovers Crumbling Churches, Overgrown Synagogues and Golden Chapels
- Absolutey Stunning Artworks And Funny Soviet Posters In The Pin-Up Style By Valery Barykin
- World War II Paintings From The Soviet Union
- Sense Of Water: The First And Highly Anticipated Photo Book By Finnish Photographer Susanna Majuri
- Man Dresses Up Every Sunday To Take His Grandmother To Church