For the first time ever, we present the creative process behind the cinematic with the use of an interactive data visualization – www.thewitcher.com/visualdata. It presents production process of THE WITCHER 2 cinematic.
We’ve created this chart to show gamers how complex and long-term the animation process is. We’ve depicted the painstaking work behind the production process as an expression of our admiration for the entire team’s efforts in making this this cinematic. THE WITCHER 2: Assassins of Kings was definitely worth it.
The interactive chart starts with the animatic, the structure of which dictates the scenes and shots that comprise the film. Each shot, in turn, has been organized by characters and layers, as well as the time and gigabytes of data used in its creation. The information is arranged in a structured hierarchy with marked parent and child categories. This layout makes it possible to compare and explore information at different levels of depth.
THE WITCHER 2 cinematic is here: https://vimeo.com/35721339.
Idea: Marcin Kobylecki
Art direction: Kuba Bogaczyński
Website: Rado Bogasch
In collaboration: Maciek Jackiewicz, Mateusz Popławski, Łukasz Sobisz, Grzegorz Kukuś, Marta Staniszewska, Monika Paćkowska, Piotr Suchodolski, Bartek Grzybowski
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Hairstylist Paints Hair Into Classic Paintings
- Nature Framed By Myoung Ho Lee
- Istanbul Inception: Surreal Turkish Cityscapes By Aydın Büyüktaş
- These Twisted Vintage Portraits Were Made Before Photoshop
- Hilarious Illustrations Of Real Movie Typos By Austin Light
- The Six Stages of Waking Up In The Morning
- This Artist Turns People Into Aliens By Drawing Faces On Their Backs
- This Craftsman Creates Absolutely Badass Steampunk Masks, Outfits And Accessories
- Amazing Surreal And Tribal Backpacks By Konstantin Kofta
- Foreboding Creature Tattoos Are Modern Brothers Grimm
- These 13 Satirical Cartoons Depict The Disturbing Reality Of Modern-Day Society
- The Algonquin Hotel In NYC Has A Kitty Concierge Named Matilda
- Romantic And Heart-Melting Unsent Text Messages
- Mumbai’s Taxis Makeover
- Korean Woman Raises 200 Dogs Saved From Streets