Taylor James is a conceptual art firm creating clever advertising art.producing creative campaigns of the highest standards across print, interactive & broadcast media, in partnership with global agencies & brands.
In Krasnoyarsk, the need for the project is evident: the post-industrial landscape, vast spaces, wide streets and the onset of block construction, the disappearance of the intimacy of the urban environment creates a shortage of the poetic.
Over the years, technology has allowed us to emulate most creatures. Just as the steam engine first enabled man to outrun the horse, so aviation helped us do almost anything a bird can do — except eat worms and lay eggs. With an aqualung on our backs, we are all honorary fish.
Some species, however, have remained harder to crack. Yet now, at long last, thanks to a Frenchman with a brainwave and a length of fire hose, we have crossed a new frontier: the human dolphin has arrived. Mankind, I am glad to report, is finally fit for porpoise.
And this weekend, for the first time, an entire pod of human Flippers could be seen in the warm waters off Qatar for what is certainly the weirdest world championship I have witnessed.
The real deal: The inventor of the Fly Boarding machine and Fly Boarding expert, Franky Zapata, shows us how it’s done
Millions of monarch butterflies spend the winter at Sierra Chincua in Mexico, one of only five places on earth where monarchs winter before migrating back north in spring. Logging threatens this gathering – after forest was cleared from one of the sites, the monarchs stopped visiting it. Even though the area is a World Heritage site with 56,000 hectares set aside
between October and March.
Flying around: The beautiful sights of monarch butterflies at the Sierra Chincua reserve in Mexico
Makoto Tojiki is an artist and designer who uses light as his primary medium of expression.
Tojiki, a 1998 industrial design engineering graduate of Kinki University,
devoted his personal time to experimenting with light while employed as an industrial designer.
In 2003, he launched his career as a full-time artist.
Early on, Tojiki produced small works intended for production,
but found this limiting and branched out into artistic images of objects constructed from light,
as well as jewelry that involves light reflection, such as diamonds.
Fan Yang set a new Guinness World Record by encapsulating 181 people inside a giant bubble during the performance at Science World in Vancouver, B.C. on WednesdayThe previous record was 125 “enbubbled” people.
While wrapping the thrilled participants in the bubble, Yang warned them: “You’re gonna have an urge to reach out and touch that bubble. Resist that urge,” reports Vancouver blog straight.com.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Photographer Captures An Empty New York City During The Snowpocalypse
- Before Photoshop – 14 Historic Photos That Have Been Manipulated
- Adorable 1970s Valentine’s Day Cards Featuring The McDonaldland Characters
- What Art History Would Look Like If Men And Women Had More Tattoos
- 12 Charts That Perfectly Sum Up Being In A Long Distance Relationship
- Death Anxiety Comics Inspired By Our Fears
- Forgotten Housing Estates In Paris Captured By Laurent Kronental
- Makeup Artist Turns Herself Into Creepy Monsters That’ll Give You Nightmares
- Benetton Uses Ethnicity Data To Create Computer-Generated ‘Models’ From Different Cities
- $2 Junk Shop Photo Turns Out To Be Worth $5,000,000
- Artists Create Unique Wallcut Murals In Abandoned Factory
- 15 Authentic Shots Of Motherhood In All Its Beauty
- Gerard Schlosser’s Intimate And Hyperrealistic Paintings Of The Body (NSFW)
- Breathtaking Photos Of London Town From Above
- Juniper, The Happiest Fox In The World