Taylor James is a conceptual art firm creating clever advertising art.producing creative campaigns of the highest standards across print, interactive & broadcast media, in partnership with global agencies & brands.
In Krasnoyarsk, the need for the project is evident: the post-industrial landscape, vast spaces, wide streets and the onset of block construction, the disappearance of the intimacy of the urban environment creates a shortage of the poetic.
Over the years, technology has allowed us to emulate most creatures. Just as the steam engine first enabled man to outrun the horse, so aviation helped us do almost anything a bird can do — except eat worms and lay eggs. With an aqualung on our backs, we are all honorary fish.
Some species, however, have remained harder to crack. Yet now, at long last, thanks to a Frenchman with a brainwave and a length of fire hose, we have crossed a new frontier: the human dolphin has arrived. Mankind, I am glad to report, is finally fit for porpoise.
And this weekend, for the first time, an entire pod of human Flippers could be seen in the warm waters off Qatar for what is certainly the weirdest world championship I have witnessed.
The real deal: The inventor of the Fly Boarding machine and Fly Boarding expert, Franky Zapata, shows us how it’s done
Millions of monarch butterflies spend the winter at Sierra Chincua in Mexico, one of only five places on earth where monarchs winter before migrating back north in spring. Logging threatens this gathering – after forest was cleared from one of the sites, the monarchs stopped visiting it. Even though the area is a World Heritage site with 56,000 hectares set aside
between October and March.
Flying around: The beautiful sights of monarch butterflies at the Sierra Chincua reserve in Mexico
Makoto Tojiki is an artist and designer who uses light as his primary medium of expression.
Tojiki, a 1998 industrial design engineering graduate of Kinki University,
devoted his personal time to experimenting with light while employed as an industrial designer.
In 2003, he launched his career as a full-time artist.
Early on, Tojiki produced small works intended for production,
but found this limiting and branched out into artistic images of objects constructed from light,
as well as jewelry that involves light reflection, such as diamonds.
Fan Yang set a new Guinness World Record by encapsulating 181 people inside a giant bubble during the performance at Science World in Vancouver, B.C. on WednesdayThe previous record was 125 “enbubbled” people.
While wrapping the thrilled participants in the bubble, Yang warned them: “You’re gonna have an urge to reach out and touch that bubble. Resist that urge,” reports Vancouver blog straight.com.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Paolo Pettigiani Sees New York City’s Central Park In Pink And Blue
- Creepstastic Body Paintings From A 16-Year-Old Artist
- “Fantplastique” By Ausra Osipaviciute
- Once Upon A Canvas: Exploring Fairy Tale Masterpieces By Ivan Bilibin
- In 1914, Baby Animal Photography Made For Exhausting Work
- Plastic Trash Gets New Life As Art
- Vivid Sydney: Festival Of Lights In the Heart Of Australia
- Venice Beach Roller Skaters: Cruising The Promenade Of LA’s Chillest Neighborhood
- Classical Portraiture Meets Modern Architecture In These Digital Collage Mash-Ups
- This Unique New Bookstore In China Is Filled With Optical Illusions
- Some Entries For 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Isosceles: Unique Female Lingerie Inspired By Geometry And Architecture
- 23 Striking And Surreptitious Photos Capture Street Scenes Of Pennsylvania In The 1970s
- Dance Moves Turned Into Charcoal Drawings By Heather Hansen
- Glow Worms Turn This New Zealand Cave Into Starry Night