A Co. of WLVS, is an ideal experience of art & design. The artists involved act as a symbol to represent the canis lupus migrations & travels throughout each territory across the globe. A visual field of tracks / wolf-line collectively & individually. We’ve created a dialogue with the historical + mythical battle of the wolf. The fear & pride; the monster in your view-finder, did our imagination create it, questions of if it was/is/continues an illusory matrix & the epic odyssey of our dear protagonist-villain polarity.
sound is an effect of light, silence is intelligence — void of color
[issuu autoFlip=true width=750 height=272 shareMenuEnabled=false printButtonEnabled=false backgroundColor=%23222222 documentId=120130095727-1eb199115178472e8376733620ee410e name=antianti.perceptions showhtmllink=false username=antianti tag=antianti unit=px id=9df2bc32-1714-791f-6c4b-c3e8635c7763 v=2]
As founder of The Keystone Design Union (KDU) and clothing label Serum Versus Venom (SVSV), David Gensler’s business card reads CEO, Strategist and Designer. But those terms hardly describe the realm of his work. This man has a strong vision. He recognizes and connects creative talent all over the world, expresses his ideas through garments, home goods, jewelry and photography, consults various clients such as LVMH Hennessy, Burton Snowboards, MTV, Nike and Stussy (just to name a few) and masterminds out-of-the-box projects for these brands. Most remarkably, David stays true to his vision, not caring about what the rest of the industry is doing. For his clothing line, he deliberately decided to make himself independent from the fashion calendar and produces his collections at his own pace in his in-house factory.
One of his close friends is painter, sculptor and video artist Kostas Seremetis, who impresses with an extraordinary output of iconographical works that mostly reinterpret characters from popular culture. He has been entitled a “superhero, whose powers are art,” which describes Kostas pretty aptly. Throughout his career he established a large international following and his works have been exhibited among artist like Gerhard Richter and Jean Michel Basquiat.
The Avant/Garde Diaries visited both friends in each of their Brooklyn studios and got a pretty interesting insight on their dynamic friendship. As they fuel each other’s work and consider another as avant-garde, they decided to introduce each other. “I think that new avant-garde is more about doing something without too many fingerprints being left from other references,” David introduces Kostas art. “If David is looking for a jacket or some sort of shirt, and he can’t buy that material, he’ll make it,” Kosta says about David. “So I guess what we are guilty of is just making things that we feel are absent in culture.” We couldn’t agree more.
David Gensler, Founder and CEO of the design and marketing consulting firm, the Keystone Design Union took time to show us around his work space in Brooklyn, NY. He discusses his unique and creative solutions to the fashion world. His brand of clothing, Serum Vs. Venom (SVSV) does not comply with conventional thinking in the fashion industry, and he’s thrilled to share this innovative perspective with the world over.
The KDU was asked to re-envision and redefine a classic American music publication by taking over complete Creative Direction of URB Magazine. The 18 year-old music and culture magazine proved to be a great vehicle to showcase the depth and breadth of The KDU network’s talent. We pulled together teams of our own photographers, stylists, designers, illustrators, journalists and industry contacts to reinvigorate this well-known publication and brand.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Meet Escape Traveler – A Tiny Cabin On Wheels That Can Be Moved Anywhere
- “Ballads Of Shanghai”: Changing Face Of Urban China
- Artists Recreate Van Gogh’s Iconic Bedroom And Put It For Rent On Airbnb
- Ethereal Floral Tattoos Mimic Delicate Watercolor Paintings On Skin
- Look, These Landscapes Are Out Of This World!
- The Russians Make The Best Truck In The Universe For $50K
- Mini Glacier Candles Remind You Of Global Warming As They Melt
- Fashion Photographer Imagines Cars As Supermodels
- Illustrator Perfectly Captures The Beauty Of Single Life
- This Old Man Spent 13 Years Growing A Giant Dragon In His Yard
- This Artist Channels His Love Of Comics Into The Most Beautiful Illustrations For Dark
- This Collection Of Web Comics Really Explains What Its Like To Be A Gamer
- 26 Proofs That Love Is In The Little Things
- 100-Year-Old Hand-Colored Postcards Offer A Fascinating Glimpse Of Pre-War Japan
- Classic Literary Scarves Allow You To Literally Wrap Yourself Up In A Good Book