First came Molecular Addictions and now, in Aroha Silhouettes’ latest Designer Drugs Collection, the roof is blown clean off the lab with pieces sure to make you feel like you’re hallucinating. Imagine an alternate reality where unabashed profligacy and depravity could exist without the 4 day hangover or Breaking Bad consequences.The concept behind Designer Drugs is one of hedonism, indulgence and over-the-top debauchery where, in a ‘fantasy laboratory’, both legal and illicit molecular hybrids are created not to be ingested, but worn.
The Polyomino Game is a collaboration between Russia-based fashion designer Lisa Shahno and jewellery designer Tania Hennessy of Aroha Silhouettes in Canada. Over a span of six months each designer created seven unique pieces following a set of specific rules. In November the Polyomino Game came to an end with a photoshoot in Moscow, Russia.
The rules of the game were precise and simple; each designer was to create seven unique pieces exclusively using combinations of squares. To add an element of difficulty Shahno’s clothing designs were restricted to only using squares 30 x 30 cm and Hennessy’s jewellery and accessory designs 1 x 1 cm squares. The colour palette was also restricted to black, white, grey and violet.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Why Is This Little House In The Middle Of The Street In New York?
- Meet Smoothie, The World’s Most Photogenic Cat
- Venezuelan Crisis Leaves Families With Empty Fridges
- Explorer Matthias Haker Discovers Crumbling Churches, Overgrown Synagogues and Golden Chapels
- Absolutey Stunning Artworks And Funny Soviet Posters In The Pin-Up Style By Valery Barykin
- World War II Paintings From The Soviet Union
- Sense Of Water: The First And Highly Anticipated Photo Book By Finnish Photographer Susanna Majuri
- Man Dresses Up Every Sunday To Take His Grandmother To Church
- India To Use 3D Paintings As Speed Breakers To Slow Down Dangerous Drivers
- After The Apocalypse: Emotionally Impacting Illustrations By Jonas De Ro
- Glamorous NSFW Paintings By Konstantin Razumov
- Get Lost In The Majesty Of These Incredible Photos From Australia
- Internet In Real Life: This Small Italian Village Became A Web 2.0 Intervention Project
- This Woman Captures Charming Photos Of Her Lovely Giant Teddy Bear
- Edouard Martinet’s Masterfully Sculpted Animals And Insects Made From Bicycle, Car And Motorcycle Parts