First came Molecular Addictions and now, in Aroha Silhouettes’ latest Designer Drugs Collection, the roof is blown clean off the lab with pieces sure to make you feel like you’re hallucinating. Imagine an alternate reality where unabashed profligacy and depravity could exist without the 4 day hangover or Breaking Bad consequences.The concept behind Designer Drugs is one of hedonism, indulgence and over-the-top debauchery where, in a ‘fantasy laboratory’, both legal and illicit molecular hybrids are created not to be ingested, but worn.
The Polyomino Game is a collaboration between Russia-based fashion designer Lisa Shahno and jewellery designer Tania Hennessy of Aroha Silhouettes in Canada. Over a span of six months each designer created seven unique pieces following a set of specific rules. In November the Polyomino Game came to an end with a photoshoot in Moscow, Russia.
The rules of the game were precise and simple; each designer was to create seven unique pieces exclusively using combinations of squares. To add an element of difficulty Shahno’s clothing designs were restricted to only using squares 30 x 30 cm and Hennessy’s jewellery and accessory designs 1 x 1 cm squares. The colour palette was also restricted to black, white, grey and violet.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair
- Incredible Colorized Photos Of Soldiers During World War One
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- Marvelous Dreamlike Portraits Of Redheads With Red Foxes By Alexandra Bochkareva
- The Green Lady Of Carroll Gardens Has Been Wearing Only Green For The Last 20 Years
- Frog That Looks Like Princess Leia Sparks Photoshop Battle, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Photographer Andreas Levers Captures The Hazy Glow Of Unpopulated Streets At Night
- Frozen Beauty: The Look Inside Europe’s Largest Glacier
- Of Course, You Need This 3D Periodic Table Lamp
- Watch This Artist Draw Doodles To Promote His Favourite Makers In A fun And Creative Way
- Dramatic Underwater Portraits That Are Reflective Of Overcoming Troubles In Artist’s Life
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Beautiful Otherworldly Artwork Of Cyril Rolando
- Surreal Photos Of Russia That Look Like A Strange Fairytale