First came Molecular Addictions and now, in Aroha Silhouettes’ latest Designer Drugs Collection, the roof is blown clean off the lab with pieces sure to make you feel like you’re hallucinating. Imagine an alternate reality where unabashed profligacy and depravity could exist without the 4 day hangover or Breaking Bad consequences.The concept behind Designer Drugs is one of hedonism, indulgence and over-the-top debauchery where, in a ‘fantasy laboratory’, both legal and illicit molecular hybrids are created not to be ingested, but worn.
The Polyomino Game is a collaboration between Russia-based fashion designer Lisa Shahno and jewellery designer Tania Hennessy of Aroha Silhouettes in Canada. Over a span of six months each designer created seven unique pieces following a set of specific rules. In November the Polyomino Game came to an end with a photoshoot in Moscow, Russia.
The rules of the game were precise and simple; each designer was to create seven unique pieces exclusively using combinations of squares. To add an element of difficulty Shahno’s clothing designs were restricted to only using squares 30 x 30 cm and Hennessy’s jewellery and accessory designs 1 x 1 cm squares. The colour palette was also restricted to black, white, grey and violet.
- Artist Spends 9 Years Using FedEx To Ship Glass Boxes To Create Shattered Sculptures
- 29 Clever Illustrations That Show The Differences Between Copywriters And Art Directors
- These Panda Selfies Are The Opposite Of Cute
- The Only 5 Types Of Romantic Comedy Posters
- Guy Shows Off His Amazing World War II Cover Up Tattoo
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Vibram Furoshiki Shoe
- Beef Flowers – Say It With Some Meat
- An 18-Year-Old Photographer Portrays Trump’s Quotes About Women
- 61-Year-Old Model Absolutely Rocks Her Swimsuit Campaign
- The Kings Of The Forest – Photographer Spent 3 Days In Nepal To Document The Isolated Tribe
- Guy Transforms 1907 Upright Piano Into A Luxurious Desk
- Photographer Emily Lauren Wants To Change The Way We See Female Beauty