Tyler Shields Art sales have been skyrocketing this year, LA Weekly named him “The New Warhol” GQ titled him in the 100 best things in the world and his last 3 art shows in L.A., Ohio and London have all sold out with record attendance. PhotoShelter Speech In this wild time where everyone is a photographer Shields talkes about how to gain a following and how to sell you’re work, he is the only photographer I know of selling work at 16 foot sizes and in the past 2 years his work has almost tripled in price.
Contact Sheet #2
Mouthful water was sold for upwards of 200k in 2012
Shields Ohio showing at the Miller Gallery attracted a lot of attention and was shut down by the fire department for over occupancy. This was a huge hit at the show every single photo had a red dot
In a piece about Shields done by ART INFO they explain how rare Shields work is as most contemporary artists have no following Shields has a huge following and still is able to gain huge collectors as this year he was added to the permanent collection at The TATE Museum in London a move which added him to the who’s who of the art world. After this collectors jumped and bought this image like wild fire selling out in 32 min!
Shields next gallery at Imitate modern in Feb will feature his Chromatic series upon searching the small prints have been selling for 15k and the large for 75
His last LA gallery was over 6000 in attendance Mouthful was an extreme hit sponsored by Armani Exchange
Click here to see more Mouthful
So far in 2013 Shields will be releasing his debut feature film Final Girl starring Abigail Breslin and Wes Bentley. Also later in the year his Coffee table book “The Dirty Side of Glamour” will be released by Haper Collins Publishers.
Tyler Shields sets a 100K Birkin on fire opens a gallery debuts a TV show and gets collected by the Tate in the same week… Art info has refereed to Shields as the most famous photographer of our time. He works with many famous people but after reviewing his portfolio my favorite shots are the none celeb shots this guys mind is insane and he is now directing a feature film… I can;t wait to see I made it out to his gallery was one of the most incredible experiences of my life, over 30 costumed characters running around it was as much performance art as his other art and at one point he pulled a pigeon out of a girl haha (trust me I KNOW HOW THAT SOUNDS)
Shields Opened his gallery Mouthful to an incredible 8000 people on opening day.
This is one of the pieces collected by The TATE Museum
Tyler Shields does a lot of crazy shit he wrote a novel (when did he have time?) his most recent thing was getting actress Emma Roberts to grab a human brain for him (doesnt she have OCD?) Anyway I have just read the book WHICH IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ BTW blew my mind! BUy the book here Smartest Man on Amazon
If you have not seen Tylers work check it out!
Tyler Shields new Gallery will feature human blood Lindsay Lohan and even maybe Banksy?
May 7th it opens to invite only and may 8th is open to the public the location none other then the same spot Banksy Used for his LA gallery!
Artnet.com has become involved by posting about this event which from the press looks like it is shaping up to the biggest art event of the year! From Interviews with Shields all we know is there will be a ton of new work and that he has collected 20 actors blood for A huge painting he is doing…
Hopefully this image is in the show!
Playboy Condoms by Tyler Shields
They do exist! I have teamed up with Playboy Condoms to launch their brand to the world but also we will be launching THINK BEFORE YOU ACT which is a charity to help with aids and population control. The thing that really interested me about this was for every condom you buy you can help save a life! Please go to thinkbeforeyouact.com playboycondoms.com
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Police Sketches Of 15 Literary Characters Based On Their Book Descriptions
- Mouth-Watering Lego Meals Art By Japanese Artist
- Malaysian Artist ‘Red’ Hong Yi Creates Jackie Chan Portrait Using Thousands Chopsticks
- Woman And Her Cat Have Been Sailing Around The World Together For Years
- Rare Photos Of 19-Year-Old Prince Outside Minneapolis’ Old Schmitt Music Headquarters In 1977
- Boxes Into Beds: Brilliant Idea Helps Earthquake Victims In Japan
- Meet Snoped, The Sleek Snowmobile
- Mugshots Of Female Nazi Concentration Camp Guards While Awaiting Trial In 1945
- “For The Love Of Peanut Butter”: Humorous Photo Series Of Dogs Eating Peanut Butter
- Star Wars Toy Photography Through The Lens Of A U.S. Marine
- Beautiful Otherworldly Artwork Of Cyril Rolando
- With Fire On Their Blades: The Dark Fantasy Character Art Of Eve Ventrue
- A Collection Of Cartoons For Those Who Like Smart And Modern Humor
- Bearded Man Playfully Poses For Pin-Up Calendar To Raise Money For Children’s Charity
- Stunning Digital Female Portraits By Irakli Nadar