The all-new 2014 BMW 328d is on its way to dealerships around the US, and it offers a promise rarely seen in the luxury class– performance AND efficiency. 45mpg on the highway, 675 miles to a single tank and all the luxury/performance one would expect out of a BMW. TheCoolist spent a week driving, photographing and testing the 328d for this in-depth look.
The decay of Detroit has been widely publicized, but rarely has its beauty been captured like this. The new photographic series American Beauty by Philip Jarmain captures the ruins of Detroit in their sheer architectural magnificence. It’s a solid fusion of architectural photography and photographic journalism in one. Continue »
The bad boys in Beijing have rebuilt an old Yamaha XVS400 into something new and remarkable, the Bandit9 Atlas Motorcycle. This build opts for more refinement and elegance than your typical “rough and rugged” reconstruction, and boy did they do it just right. More at TheCoolist.
TheCoolist goes hands-on with the stunning textual timekeeper, the QLOCKTWO W Watch by Biegert and Funk.
A stunning example of Florida Mid-Century Modern architecture has made a rare entrance to the real estate market. This classic home features sweeping outdoor spaces for entertaining guests and personal relaxation, as well as 20-foot ceilings and floor-to-ceiling glass to pull the outside in. Continue »
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Meet Escape Traveler – A Tiny Cabin On Wheels That Can Be Moved Anywhere
- “Ballads Of Shanghai”: Changing Face Of Urban China
- Artists Recreate Van Gogh’s Iconic Bedroom And Put It For Rent On Airbnb
- Ethereal Floral Tattoos Mimic Delicate Watercolor Paintings On Skin
- Look, These Landscapes Are Out Of This World!
- The Russians Make The Best Truck In The Universe For $50K
- Mini Glacier Candles Remind You Of Global Warming As They Melt
- Fashion Photographer Imagines Cars As Supermodels
- Illustrator Perfectly Captures The Beauty Of Single Life
- This Old Man Spent 13 Years Growing A Giant Dragon In His Yard
- This Artist Channels His Love Of Comics Into The Most Beautiful Illustrations For Dark
- This Collection Of Web Comics Really Explains What Its Like To Be A Gamer
- 26 Proofs That Love Is In The Little Things
- 100-Year-Old Hand-Colored Postcards Offer A Fascinating Glimpse Of Pre-War Japan
- Classic Literary Scarves Allow You To Literally Wrap Yourself Up In A Good Book