There’s a growing art trend in cities throughout the world, where architecture, video art and sound installations meet for brief moments of genius. To explore the beginnings of this art form, TheCoolist has collected 10 amazing videos of urban projection art, where buildings come alive. More at TheCoolist.
While steel and concrete may remain paramount in the world of architecture, glass remains an almost ethereal form in the way architects design our homes and offices. To celebrate the world’s greatest glass buildings, TheCoolist has selected 15 amazing glass structures from around the world. Check out the full, eye opening list at TheCoolist.
Maximilian Busser and Friends have released their latest work of magic, the MB&F HM4 Thunderbolt Watch. This titanium and sapphire watch is a throwback to the designer’s early years, where an obsession with model airplanes and aerodynamics led to his interest in modern watch crafting. As is true with the other watches from this designer, the new Thunderbolt is an instant classic. More at TheCoolist.
The world expo in Shanghai China is home to some of the greatest works of architecture in recent history, a celebration of cultural spirit from around the world. The Expo 2010 Shanghai Pavilions represent great achievements in sustainability, in beauty and in message, reflecting the spirit of the nations for whom they were built. More at TheCoolist.
No matter which side of the gun issue you’re on, it’s hard not to respect the design sensibility of this progressive gun club in Ulm, Germany. The MSZU Gun Club is open to licensed gun owners, hunters and law enforcement officials, boasting a modern design seemingly inspired by the Apple Stores of the world. More at TheCoolist.
Are you a fan of architecture? The best way to expand your architectural experience, short of world travel, is to study the must-read books on architecture like these. These 10 excellent architecture books cover architecture’s history, its philosophies, its forms and even its fiction. A great way of rounding out your experience and appreciation of architecture. More at TheCoolist.
Who has the audacity to think they can remake the world’s greatest sports cars in a better design? Ugur Sahin, of course, and his audacity is met with a stunning level of talent and vision. The Ugur Sahin Aston Martin Gauntlet Concept is a brilliant re-working of Aston Martin’s most prized sports cars, like the One-77 and others. More at TheCoolist.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Bring The Argentinian Grasslands Indoors With These Stunning Handmade Rugs
- Shipwrecks And Deep Ocean Scenes Encapsulated Inside Translucent Whale Sculptures
- This Engineer Creates Incredible 3D Calligraphy That Leaps Off The Page
- Chinese Village Builds Giant Golden Statue Of Mao Zedong
- Street Art That Only Appears When It Rains
- Men And Women Before 10 A.M. By Veronique Vial
- Jellyfish Plants Transform Your Room Into A Underwater Wonderland
- Hairstylist Paints Hair Into Classic Paintings
- Nature Framed By Myoung Ho Lee
- Istanbul Inception: Surreal Turkish Cityscapes By Aydın Büyüktaş
- These Twisted Vintage Portraits Were Made Before Photoshop
- Hilarious Illustrations Of Real Movie Typos By Austin Light
- The Six Stages of Waking Up In The Morning
- This Artist Turns People Into Aliens By Drawing Faces On Their Backs
- This Craftsman Creates Absolutely Badass Steampunk Masks, Outfits And Accessories