There’s a growing art trend in cities throughout the world, where architecture, video art and sound installations meet for brief moments of genius. To explore the beginnings of this art form, TheCoolist has collected 10 amazing videos of urban projection art, where buildings come alive. More at TheCoolist.
|Spread your love to Design You Trust:|
While steel and concrete may remain paramount in the world of architecture, glass remains an almost ethereal form in the way architects design our homes and offices. To celebrate the world’s greatest glass buildings, TheCoolist has selected 15 amazing glass structures from around the world. Check out the full, eye opening list at TheCoolist.
Maximilian Busser and Friends have released their latest work of magic, the MB&F HM4 Thunderbolt Watch. This titanium and sapphire watch is a throwback to the designer’s early years, where an obsession with model airplanes and aerodynamics led to his interest in modern watch crafting. As is true with the other watches from this designer, the new Thunderbolt is an instant classic. More at TheCoolist.
The world expo in Shanghai China is home to some of the greatest works of architecture in recent history, a celebration of cultural spirit from around the world. The Expo 2010 Shanghai Pavilions represent great achievements in sustainability, in beauty and in message, reflecting the spirit of the nations for whom they were built. More at TheCoolist.
No matter which side of the gun issue you’re on, it’s hard not to respect the design sensibility of this progressive gun club in Ulm, Germany. The MSZU Gun Club is open to licensed gun owners, hunters and law enforcement officials, boasting a modern design seemingly inspired by the Apple Stores of the world. More at TheCoolist.
Are you a fan of architecture? The best way to expand your architectural experience, short of world travel, is to study the must-read books on architecture like these. These 10 excellent architecture books cover architecture’s history, its philosophies, its forms and even its fiction. A great way of rounding out your experience and appreciation of architecture. More at TheCoolist.
Who has the audacity to think they can remake the world’s greatest sports cars in a better design? Ugur Sahin, of course, and his audacity is met with a stunning level of talent and vision. The Ugur Sahin Aston Martin Gauntlet Concept is a brilliant re-working of Aston Martin’s most prized sports cars, like the One-77 and others. More at TheCoolist.
Recently on Design You Trust
- Can You Spot the Nude Models Camouflaged in These Landscapes?
- This Amazing Village in India Plants 111 Trees Every Time a Little Girl is Born
- A Photo Serie Where The Dancer And Photographer Arthur Cadre Twist His Body Into Mesmerising Position
- Chinese Trend of the Day: It’s Totally Cool to Have a Sprout Growing Out of Your Hair
- French Designers Create A Tiny Bathroom In A Box
- Designer Develops Alzheimer’s-Friendly Tableware Thanks to Inspiration from Her Late Grandmother
- Photographer Explores the Beautiful Diversity of Redheads
- Holi Party Festival in Spain
- NASA Reveals Beautiful Photos of Earth from Space
- 99 Classics Wood Headphone by Meze