- They say people don’t believe in heroes anymore. Well, damn them! You and me, Max, we’re gonna give ‘em back their heroes!
- Ah, Fif. Do you really expect me to go for that crap?
- You gotta admit I sounded good there for a minute, huh?
I am the Nightrider. I’m a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!
Jesus: Judas, my brother, I have something to tell you. I have a terrible secret from God. You know why I came to Jerusalem?
Judas: Yes. This is where the revolution is going to begin.
Jesus: Last night, Isaiah came to me. He had a prophecy, I saw it written. It said, “He has borne our faults; he was wounded for our transgressions, yet he opened now his mouth. Despised and rejected by all, he went forward without resisting, like a lamb led to the slaughter.”
Judas: I don’t understand.
Jesus: Judas, I am the lamb. I’m the one who’s going to do.
Judas: Die? You mean you’re not the Messiah?
Jesus: I Am.
Judas: That can’t be. If you’re the Messiah, why do you have to die?
Jesus: Listen, at first, I didn’t understand myself…
Judas: No, *you* listen. Every day, you have a different plan. First it’s love, then the ax, and now you have to die. What good could that do?
Jesus: God only talks to me a little at a time and tells me as much as I need to know.
Judas: We need you alive!
Jesus: Now I finally understand! All my life-all my life, I’ve been followed by voices, by footsteps, by shadows. And do you know what that shadow is? The cross. I have to die on the cross, and I have to die willingly. We have to go back to the temple.
Judas: And after you die on the cross, what happens then?
Jesus: I come back to judge the living and the dead.
Kill the Boredom
It begins here for me on this road. How the whole mess happened I don’t know, but I know it couldn’t happen again in a million years. Maybe I could of stopped it early, but once the trouble was on its way, I was just goin’ with it. Mostly I remember the girl. I can’t explain it – a sad chick like that, but somethin’ changed in me. She got to me, but that’s later anyway. This is where it begins for me right on this road.
Thoughts written. Forgotten. An old notebook. Useless pages. A cigarette which someone has the feeling that burns forever. Mess. Nobody can find nothing. It has to start all over again. Things went wrong. Suddenly, an idea, imagination tries to take over. It is impossible. The next day, the weather is sunny. There is a target. It is clear. We have to go back. We can not go back. We do not want to. There is a sparkle, but it is old and weak. This is the end. No. This is a new beginning. A bright new day. There is a plan, everyone has to follow it. From now on, things will be better. A few hours later, progress. Impossible is nothing. A whole new idea, a new creation, a child is born, it is our child. It is only after you lose everything that you are free to do anything. We hit bottom. Now. Ressurection. A light. It is coming from an uknown place, a secret room, our souls were lost for a while. They are back to life. God Divine. Maybe. A gift. Art is here. The salvation. A new type of revolution. Welcome, we are back for good.
- I got this dress at a thrift store for one dollar.
- It was worth every penny.
- It’s a bridesmaid’s dress. Someone loved it intensely for one day, and then tossed it. Like a Christmas tree. So special. Then, bam, it’s on the side of the road.
[Grabs Narrator's crotch]
- Tinsel still clinging to it. Like a sex crime victim. Underwear inside out. Bound with electrical tape.
- Well, then it suits you.
- You can borrow it sometime.
- Never again, Swanney. I’m off the scag.
- Are you serious?
- Yeah, no more. I’m finished with that shite.
- Well, it’s up to you, man.
- Gonna get it right this time. Gonna get it sorted out. Gonna get off it for good.
- I’ve heard that one before.
- The Sick Boy method?
- Well, it nearly worked for him, hey.
- Well, he’s always been lacking in moral fiber.
- He knows a lot about Sean Connery.
- That’s hardly a substitute.
[in the parking lot outside the bar where Harlan is attempting to rape Thelma] Get away from her you fuckin’ asshole or I’m gonna splatter your ugly face all over this nice car.
- [Getting off of Thelma] Easy, we’re just having a little fun.
- Sounds like you got a real fucked up idea of fun. Turn around. In the future, when a woman’s crying like that, she isn’t having any fun!
- Bitch! I shoulda gone ahead and fucked her!
- Why did you say?
- I said suck my cock.
- [Louise shoots him]
[soft but angry voice]
- You watch your mouth!
- So, tell me something, Miss Thelma. How is it you ain’t got any kids? I mean God gets you something special, I think you oughta pass it on.
- Well, Daryl, that’s my husband.
- Yeah, he says he’s not ready yet. He says he’s still too much of a kid himself. He kinda prides himself on being infantile.
- He’s got a lot to be proud of.
- Louise and him don’t get along.
- That’s putting it mildly.
- She thinks he’s a pig.
- I KNOW he’s a pig.