Jewel of the Universe-Unique and intricate portrait of Earth -created from 330,000 hand-cut pieces of stained glass
Jewel of the Universe is the first in a hoped-for series of works that will focus on the vibrancy, uniqueness and beauty of the Earth.
Created by English-Chinese artist Chris Chamberlain, Jewel of the Universe shows the entire world from a God-like perspective of looking down from space. It consists of around a third of a million hand-cut pieces of stained glass – with 97% of those pieces having been cut by the artist himself. It also consists of 260 carats of natural cut jewels including sapphires, aquamarines, zircons and a single diamond, with each jewel indicating a city.
Amazing and absolutely stunning. Too good to stay in a studio!”
Richard Long, Artist (The only artist to be nominated for the Turner Prize 4 times, and a Turner Prize winner in 1989)
“A superb combination of original creativity and meticulous engineering.”
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Operating Officer, Institute of Directors, London
A man passes a sign saying “Oymyakon ‘Pole of Cold’” on the site of a former meteorological station in the village of Oymyakon, in the Republic of Sakha, northeast Russia, January 26, 2013. The coldest temperatures in the northern hemisphere have been recorded in Sakha, the location of the Oymyakon valley, where according to the United Kingdom Met Office a temperature of -67.8 degrees Celsius (-90 degrees Fahrenheit) was registered in 1933 – the coldest on record in the northern hemisphere since the beginning of the 20th century.
A car drives through the snow at night near Vostochnaya meteorological station, some 500 km northeast of Yakutsk in the Republic of Sakha, northeast Russia, January 20, 2013.
Stay in an historic beer barrel!
The beer room arose in cooperation with our regional brewery – Pott’s.
The barrel is from the 19th Century and was in use until about 1995. One barrel can be rented as a double bed or a single bed.
The room has two additional beds, so you can sleep in this room with up to four people.
In addition to the barrel many different items from the environment of the cool barley drink can be found in the room.
Each room has a 32 “flat screen TV, DVD, free internet access, a phone flatrate and a shower with massage jets.
There are a total of three beer rooms.
There are a lot of cultural and fun activities you can do in Beverland. Feel free to ask us.
The night will be perfect with a visit to the barrel sauna at our pond on our property. Talk to us about this.
If desired we offer you breakfast:
– normal breakfast € 10
– abundant breakfast € 15,50 per Person
– breakfast in bed / room € 20
Situated in the south of Ailao Mountain in Yuanyang County of Honghe Hani and Yi Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province, the Yuanyang Rice Terraces are known as an unprecedented masterpiece of the Hani Ethnic Group. According to the record, the rice terraces were worked out by the ancestors of Hani people when they relocated their homes to Ailao Mountain area from the Tibetan Plateau in around 2500 years ago. In Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), the emperor granted them the title of “Magic Mountain Sculptors”. Being built up from generation to generation, the fields today on the mountains have covered an area of 11,333 ha. Now we can see the abstract pattern of terraced rice fields lie at an altitude ranging from 144 along the Red River up to nearly 3,000 meters above sea level. In Yuanyang, the terraced areas of interest to visitors are mainly found between 1,000 and 2,000 meters above sea level. From the tidy and well-constructed fields, anyone has to admit that it is a human engineering feat only made by those hard working people.
breathtaking Hani Rice Terraces, found in the mountains above Yuanyang, in south-west China
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Every Penny Counts: This Artist Created a Clear Acrylic Structures to be Completed With Coins
- Paws For Thought With Kitty Yoga Classes At Australian Cat Cafe
- Is this New Hotel in Amsterdam the “Hotel of the Future”?
- 11 Totally Accurate Illustrations Showing Exactly What It’s Like to Be a Woman
- Devoted Husband Plants & Harvests 4.5 Miles Of Sunflowers To Fulfill Wife’s Dying Wish
- This Ingenious Vending Machine Feeds Homeless Animals
- The 2016 Pirelli Calendar is Here and It’s Unlike Any You’ve Seen Before
- Bright Moments in Life of USSR People
- Black Friday Shoppers are Suspiciously Similar to Zombie Hordes
- Breathtaking Photos of Models Pose with Endangered Animals
- 35 Rare Photos of the Construction of the Titanic
- Couple Announces Pregnancy Using Mom’s Body to Create Some Attractive ‘Live’ Scenes
- 5 Must Seen Yoga Poses
- 15 Things Every Single Girl Can Relate To
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics