Images created for a picture-interview with www.kollektivgallery.com
See the whole interview at http://www.kollektivgallery.com/artists/luke-twyman/
Chorus Age is an online ambient sound toy and artificial life sim. It’s a world in which life eats, breeds, fights and dies with sound. As an ever-changing eco-system, it can be left running to generate music, or you can alter the environment with the Touch of Life or Death.
A small print project in progress:
“When I was a kid (about 6 I reckon) I made something called Book of Dogs. It was 2 x A4 sheets of paper folded into 8 pages, bursting with 6 drawings of dogs.
I priced my first DIY publication (super-limited run of 1 copy) at 50p and put it out for sale on the counter of my parents’ seafront gift shop.
Now 20-something years later I’ve decided to replicate all that I remember of the format, including the price, and re-present Book of Dogs in my current style.”
SOMNI is an audio programme, created to help me in recording, songwriting and potentially live performance.
The left side is similar to a Suzuki Omnichord, controlled (using keyboard & cursor) with chord keys and a strummable touchplate. As well as using the touchplate there are three extra modes, which allow for random arpeggiation, sweeping arpeggiation, and burst (kind of like an instant randomised strum). It currently has 8 voices, both synth and acoustic samples, as well as the ability to augment the scale, meaning suspended or atonal music can be made.
Free to download at www.whitevinyldesign.com/somni
An online ambient musicbox, which generates its sounds using the orbital/year frequencies of most of the major bodies of our solar system.
Album artwork & packaging design
Neverest Songs – ‘Small Voyages’
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Artist Covers Walls With Cross-Stitch Floral Patterns In Street Installations
- Polish Fashion Artists Creates Beautiful Felted Animal Scarves
- Dragon Scale Crochet Gloves For When The Winter Comes
- Designer Paints Alternative Posters Of Popular Movies Based On Mood In The Films
- New Stunning Entries Of The 2016 National Geographic Nature Photographer Of The Year Contest
- An Eccentric Artist Has Collected Fifty Vintage Cars And Left Them To Rot In A Forest – And Now They’re Worth Over $1 Million
- Fantastic Minimalist Japanese Cruiser 1989 Nissan Neo-X Concept That Was Ahead Of Its Time
- Amazing Vintage Photographs That Show The Dangers Of Constructing The Empire State Building
- Street Artist Okuda Transforms An Abandoned House Into An Universal Chapel
- Playboy Model Sara Jean Underwood Dresses Up As Your Favorite Star Wars Characters
- These Hilarious Cats Look Like Furry Catbuses Come To Life
- Hyperrealistic Depictions Of A Fictional Mouse-Butterfly Species By Lisa Ericson
- World’s Largest Slug is Bigger, Slimier, and Way Cooler Than You’d Imagine
- This Is Truly Heavenly Weather As Pictures Taken From An Airplane Cockpit Reveal What Pilots See From Above
- Dark Humor Stories That’ll Make You Think