Images created for a picture-interview with www.kollektivgallery.com
See the whole interview at http://www.kollektivgallery.com/artists/luke-twyman/
Chorus Age is an online ambient sound toy and artificial life sim. It’s a world in which life eats, breeds, fights and dies with sound. As an ever-changing eco-system, it can be left running to generate music, or you can alter the environment with the Touch of Life or Death.
A small print project in progress:
“When I was a kid (about 6 I reckon) I made something called Book of Dogs. It was 2 x A4 sheets of paper folded into 8 pages, bursting with 6 drawings of dogs.
I priced my first DIY publication (super-limited run of 1 copy) at 50p and put it out for sale on the counter of my parents’ seafront gift shop.
Now 20-something years later I’ve decided to replicate all that I remember of the format, including the price, and re-present Book of Dogs in my current style.”
SOMNI is an audio programme, created to help me in recording, songwriting and potentially live performance.
The left side is similar to a Suzuki Omnichord, controlled (using keyboard & cursor) with chord keys and a strummable touchplate. As well as using the touchplate there are three extra modes, which allow for random arpeggiation, sweeping arpeggiation, and burst (kind of like an instant randomised strum). It currently has 8 voices, both synth and acoustic samples, as well as the ability to augment the scale, meaning suspended or atonal music can be made.
Free to download at www.whitevinyldesign.com/somni
An online ambient musicbox, which generates its sounds using the orbital/year frequencies of most of the major bodies of our solar system.
Album artwork & packaging design
Neverest Songs – ‘Small Voyages’
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Terrifying Russian Architecture Which Looks Better From Above
- Illustrations That Reveal Our Weird Social Media Lives
- This Company Creates Unique Carved Wood Cases For Your Phone
- French Artist Makes Louvre Pyramid ‘Disappear’ In Optical Illusion
- Paolo Pettigiani Sees New York City’s Central Park In Pink And Blue
- Creepstastic Body Paintings From A 16-Year-Old Artist
- “Fantplastique” By Ausra Osipaviciute
- Once Upon A Canvas: Exploring Fairy Tale Masterpieces By Ivan Bilibin
- In 1914, Baby Animal Photography Made For Exhausting Work
- Plastic Trash Gets New Life As Art
- Vivid Sydney: Festival Of Lights In the Heart Of Australia
- Venice Beach Roller Skaters: Cruising The Promenade Of LA’s Chillest Neighborhood
- Classical Portraiture Meets Modern Architecture In These Digital Collage Mash-Ups
- This Unique New Bookstore In China Is Filled With Optical Illusions
- Some Entries For 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest