Images created for a picture-interview with www.kollektivgallery.com
See the whole interview at http://www.kollektivgallery.com/artists/luke-twyman/
Chorus Age is an online ambient sound toy and artificial life sim. It’s a world in which life eats, breeds, fights and dies with sound. As an ever-changing eco-system, it can be left running to generate music, or you can alter the environment with the Touch of Life or Death.
A small print project in progress:
“When I was a kid (about 6 I reckon) I made something called Book of Dogs. It was 2 x A4 sheets of paper folded into 8 pages, bursting with 6 drawings of dogs.
I priced my first DIY publication (super-limited run of 1 copy) at 50p and put it out for sale on the counter of my parents’ seafront gift shop.
Now 20-something years later I’ve decided to replicate all that I remember of the format, including the price, and re-present Book of Dogs in my current style.”
SOMNI is an audio programme, created to help me in recording, songwriting and potentially live performance.
The left side is similar to a Suzuki Omnichord, controlled (using keyboard & cursor) with chord keys and a strummable touchplate. As well as using the touchplate there are three extra modes, which allow for random arpeggiation, sweeping arpeggiation, and burst (kind of like an instant randomised strum). It currently has 8 voices, both synth and acoustic samples, as well as the ability to augment the scale, meaning suspended or atonal music can be made.
Free to download at www.whitevinyldesign.com/somni
An online ambient musicbox, which generates its sounds using the orbital/year frequencies of most of the major bodies of our solar system.
Album artwork & packaging design
Neverest Songs – ‘Small Voyages’
Trending on Design You Trust:
- This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair
- Incredible Colorized Photos Of Soldiers During World War One
- Frog That Looks Like Princess Leia Sparks Photoshop Battle, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Marvelous Dreamlike Portraits Of Redheads With Red Foxes By Alexandra Bochkareva
- The Green Lady Of Carroll Gardens Has Been Wearing Only Green For The Last 20 Years
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- Surreal Photos Of Russia That Look Like A Strange Fairytale
- This Peculiar Board Game Is Anticipated To Be Biggest Kickstarter Campaign Ever
- “Facepot” – The Design Concept Of Original Pots For Flowers
- Of Course, You Need This 3D Periodic Table Lamp
- Photographer Andreas Levers Captures The Hazy Glow Of Unpopulated Streets At Night
- This Archaeology Soap Has Hidden Dinosaurs Inside