Images created for a picture-interview with www.kollektivgallery.com
See the whole interview at http://www.kollektivgallery.com/artists/luke-twyman/
Chorus Age is an online ambient sound toy and artificial life sim. It’s a world in which life eats, breeds, fights and dies with sound. As an ever-changing eco-system, it can be left running to generate music, or you can alter the environment with the Touch of Life or Death.
A small print project in progress:
“When I was a kid (about 6 I reckon) I made something called Book of Dogs. It was 2 x A4 sheets of paper folded into 8 pages, bursting with 6 drawings of dogs.
I priced my first DIY publication (super-limited run of 1 copy) at 50p and put it out for sale on the counter of my parents’ seafront gift shop.
Now 20-something years later I’ve decided to replicate all that I remember of the format, including the price, and re-present Book of Dogs in my current style.”
SOMNI is an audio programme, created to help me in recording, songwriting and potentially live performance.
The left side is similar to a Suzuki Omnichord, controlled (using keyboard & cursor) with chord keys and a strummable touchplate. As well as using the touchplate there are three extra modes, which allow for random arpeggiation, sweeping arpeggiation, and burst (kind of like an instant randomised strum). It currently has 8 voices, both synth and acoustic samples, as well as the ability to augment the scale, meaning suspended or atonal music can be made.
Free to download at www.whitevinyldesign.com/somni
An online ambient musicbox, which generates its sounds using the orbital/year frequencies of most of the major bodies of our solar system.
Album artwork & packaging design
Neverest Songs – ‘Small Voyages’
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 4,529 - Photography
- Truthful Images That Show Why Holocaust Memorial Selfies Are So Disrespectful Views today: 1,622 - Photography
- Artist Playfully Reimagines Classic Art Paintings As LEGO People Views today: 1,558 - Inspirations
- Magical Drawings Put Women In Conversation With Their Inner Demons Views today: 1,428 - Inspirations
- Watch Inside Obama’s New Home Views today: 1,080 - Architecture
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever Views today: 986 - Design
- Photographer Weronika Gęsicka Takes Corny American Photography And Manipulates It Into Something Surreal And Uncomfortable Views today: 768 - Inspirations
- Moscow vs New York: Visual Comparison Of Two Big Cities 45 Years Ago Views today: 759 - Travel
- Biting Illustrations That Uncover All Of The Human Essences In Modern World Views today: 679 - Inspirations
- This Woman And Her Cat Have Been On The Most Gorgeous Sailboat Adventure Since 2006 Views today: 507 - Travel
- 600-Year-Old Buddha Emerges From The Lake In China Views today: 501 - Travel
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 454 - Inspirations
- These Sad Dogs Outside Shops Will Make You Cry Views today: 445 - Animals
- Photographer Balint Alovits Explores The Beauty Of Spiral Staircases In Budapest Views today: 440 - Architecture
- The Innovative Minimalist Earrings By The Designer Otis Jaxon Views today: 406 - Design