Zombie Kramer by Shalimar Luis
9×12 Acrylic ink on Watercolor paper.
See more of Shalimar’s work here.
I recently began illustrating the cast of Lost in an animated style. You can view the full project at Behance here:
Here’s a sample of the characters.
I recently made a small series of pieces that loosely personify the theory of Panspermia, or “Exogenesis.” The original drawings for some of these were done on 8.5×11 sheets of drawing paper, and scanned in at 1200 dpi. So when printed large, you should see some nice detail from the grain of the paper. Check out the prints here
The #2 issue of Sodium Magazine is now online and already looking for artists for the 3# issue.
This magazine is dedicated tho showcase artists, designers and photographers from around the world.
Lighting effects can make or break any digital artwork. When done properly, lighting can add visual impact, draw the viewer’s eye, convey depth and emotion, and tie together all the elements of the piece for a quality finished result. However, achieving brilliant lighting is not always an easy task, particularly for newer digital artists. Perfecting contrast, color variation, sharpness and depth will help make your digital art more enticing.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the essential process of achieving brilliant lighting effects in Photoshop. Using default brushes, blending options and a few stock images, you’ll learn step by step a variety of techniques that you can use in your own digital artworks to achieve professional results.
This is tutorial is jam packed with tips, shortcuts and techniques, and each detail is explained to allow beginning users to follow along. But even if you’re an advanced user, you’ll be inspired and take away some useful new ideas for your artwork. Let’s get started!
View the tutorial.
View the tutorial.
While it takes a good amount of time and effort to compose the perfect shot, it takes an enormous amount of creativity to come up with an original series. These ten photographers have done just that – they’ve gone above and beyond with their distinct styling to takes visual storytelling to new heights. See more at My Modern Metropolis.
Yes, the bearded guy really charms these amazing sounds out of glasses (we used 597 schott zwiesel crystal ones, by the way). No, we didn’t find him on “czechia’s got talent”. Yes, Petr Spatina is an outstanding musician. So what exactly makes you wonder why we got him for Skoda superb? The movie > WWW.ZEUTCH.COM
What do you mean your RSS reader is already full? You don’t wanna see mine! Anyway, this week we’re featuring some new, inspirational and (unfortunately) must read blogs for all you design, freelancing & creative ppl out there.
This logo design process for Keyboard Kahuna has been fun to put together, lots of images showing the explorations needed to end up with our final result.
The paintings and mixed media of French artist Jean Labourdette a.k.a. Turf One.
Turf One got his start in the late eighties on the streets of Paris as a graffiti artist. His work has appeared in such galleries as Yves Laroche (Montreal, QC), Jonathan LeVine Gallery (New York), Fuse Gallery (New York) and many others.
View more of his work and get a link to his site at Ink Butter.
The Lantern ‘is a manifesto for public space design: not just a decoration, but an urban strategy’ according to designers Awp Architects and Atelier Oslo in Sandnes, Ragna Stakland.
The duo Viktor & Rolf have celebrated the five years of their famous Flowerbomb perfume during an extravagant party at the Meurice Hôtel in Paris.
For this special occasion the pastry chef along with the top chef of the Meurice created a cake with all the notes of the perfume in a beautiful cube of pink beribboned praline, lime bergamot with a hint of jasmine and vanilla completed with a green tea biscuit and sealed with a Viktor & Rolf chocolate.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- The Last Of The Kings: Very Sad Photos Of The Hard Life Of Congolese Gorillas
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- The Angel Oak Tree In South Carolina Is Infernally Beautiful
- Chinese City Opens Awesome Five-Star Public Toilet
- Polish Craftsman Creates Amazing Household Items With A Folk Twist
- Aerial Images Of Salterns That Blur The Line Between Photograph And Painting
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Marvelous Dreamlike Portraits Of Redheads With Red Foxes By Alexandra Bochkareva
- This Peculiar Board Game Is Anticipated To Be Biggest Kickstarter Campaign Ever
- Surreal Animal Hybrid Tattoos Look Like Quirky Sketchbook Drawings
- Black Model Recreates Famous Fashion Campaigns To Highlight Lack Of Diversity In Fashion Industry
- 80’s Young Fashion: Color Photos Of US Teen Girls During The 1980s
- Photographer Andreas Levers Captures The Hazy Glow Of Unpopulated Streets At Night
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar