Though the times of noble warriors, arrayed with hauberks and armed with swords, passed away centuries and even thousands of years ago, these epic characters (some heroic and some – not really heroic) can still be met these days in multiple cartoons, movies, computer games, etc. Stemming out from boundless imagination of graphic designers and their outstanding drawing skills, modern warriors interpretations still attract our attention, expressing the bravery, power, and military values… Have a look at some of the graphic works, featuring warriors, which Cruzine magazine has selected for you. Here you will find some really scaring creatures with obvious warlike air, as well as pretty noble, righteous knights. Even female warriors with the truly seducing appearance can be met here.
With the wide popularity of multiple desktop and especially online games, the theme of warriors has received a new life and further evolution. Graphic designers utilize all their imagination to create new and new types of outfits, unprecedented weapons and warrior characters themselves. Today, warriors are not only humans – aliens, dragons, mysterious giants and trolls – it is even hard to enumerate all types of warriors, modern graphic designers have given rise to.
Continue reading …
Process Journal has released its second edition of their design publication that showcases the very best of Australian and International graphic design. Read the rest here.
new illustration by mina kwon
Created in Maya, edited in AfterEffects. Sick dubstep music for the finishing touches.
The August 2010 issue of FAN THE FIRE Magazine is out now featuring an interview with The Morning Benders, features on O. Children and The Creators Project, Arcade Fire, Wavves, Darker My Love and Best Coast album reviews, Salt, Cars 2 and X-Men: First Class previews, Breck Eisner interview, The Last Airbender, The Secret In Their Eyes, Inception and Gainsbourg reviews, art by Gracia Lam, Benjamin Anderson and Tata Vislevskaya, and style by Solveig Selj, Antonella Arismendi and Emma Tempest, plus much more.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- The 2016 Pirelli Calendar is Here and It’s Unlike Any You’ve Seen Before
- Bright Moments in Life of USSR People
- Black Friday Shoppers are Suspiciously Similar to Zombie Hordes
- Breathtaking Photos of Models Pose with Endangered Animals
- 35 Rare Photos of the Construction of the Titanic
- Couple Announces Pregnancy Using Mom’s Body to Create Some Attractive ‘Live’ Scenes
- 5 Must Seen Yoga Poses
- 15 Things Every Single Girl Can Relate To
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- This Adorable Series Documents A Toddler And Her Pup Growing Up
- Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook
- This Inspirational Girl Saved a Homeless Dog in the Most Ingenious Way
- Ten Awe-Inspiring Routes You Need to Travel Along at Least Once in Your Life
- Cats and Girls by Sean Marc Lee