Hotel Chain, a logomark which came about whilst working on some idea’s for a hotel identity project I am currently working on. Just an example of how sketching and playing with endless rounds of idea tweaking in Illustrator can result in something quite fun.
Chris Fortuna was born in Boston, Massachusetts and began photographing in his early teens with a Yashica Mat camera.
Patrick Monkel is a dutch freelance graphic designer.
More artwork of Monk Design here.
Medium: Acrylic on round plywood
Title: Multi Color Motel
Medium: Acrylic on cut plywood
A fantastic Chicago painter, Eric Mecum. I saw some of his work at the Flat Iron building here in Chicago’s Wicker Park. He’s a solid guy with a rockin’ moustache. Check out all his work on his website. www.ericmecum.com
The 14 Series are a family of low voltage pendant lighting products designed to be clustered in groups. Each individual pendant is an articulated, seamed, cast glass sphere with a frosted cylindrical void which houses a 10 watt xenon or halogen lamp. Unlike most contemporary lighting, the 14 Series pendants are visually quite subtle in and of themselves – they do not dominate a room. Instead, they are designed for clustering – gaining tremendous visual strength when multiplied – the effect being of many tiny candles encased in floating spheres of water. The light interacts with the imperfections and bubbles of the cast glass to make a visually rich halo of light. Cast glass is an organic process – imperfect by nature – so each piece produced is unique.
This is a short film that was directed by the French animation collective H5, François Alaux, Hervé de Crécy + Ludovic Houplain. It was presented at the Cannes Film Festival 2009. It opened the 2010 Sundance Film Festival and won a 2010 academy award under the category of animated short.
Via Unstage (Click here to watch video)
Today we’ showcasing a new kind of websites here on Inspired Mag – non-mainstream photography & art blogs. Extremely cool websites made totally out of passion and almost without any kind of advertising banners or any other form of monetization.
This past week, a music video for Kid Cudi’s “Pursuit of Happiness” featuring MGMT and Ratatat, had a short lived fling with the Internet as a wave of censorship swept it out of sight. There were rumors Cudi didn’t approve of his performance, and an alternate video for the same track (above), was created.
Watch the New Video Here
Segunda imagen para la Contracampaña por el Bicentenario de la Nación Argentina. No debería ser motivo de celebración.
(Second image for the Campaign Againgst the Bicentenary of Argentina. We shouldn´t celebrate it.)
For more information: PabloZarate.com
Jonny Kelly and Matthew Cooper did a really nice site especially for GIF-Artists around the world.
Ceramics and stones are being revived in innovative and beautiful ways for modern design.
Check out ‘World Interior Design Network Blog’ for more creative ceramics and stones designs.
Andrei D. Robu is a multidisciplinary artist currently living and working in Bucharest as a lead designer and partner at the graphic design offices of Acme Industries.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Artist Covers Walls With Cross-Stitch Floral Patterns In Street Installations
- Polish Fashion Artists Creates Beautiful Felted Animal Scarves
- Dragon Scale Crochet Gloves For When The Winter Comes
- Designer Paints Alternative Posters Of Popular Movies Based On Mood In The Films
- New Stunning Entries Of The 2016 National Geographic Nature Photographer Of The Year Contest
- An Eccentric Artist Has Collected Fifty Vintage Cars And Left Them To Rot In A Forest – And Now They’re Worth Over $1 Million
- Fantastic Minimalist Japanese Cruiser 1989 Nissan Neo-X Concept That Was Ahead Of Its Time
- Amazing Vintage Photographs That Show The Dangers Of Constructing The Empire State Building
- Street Artist Okuda Transforms An Abandoned House Into An Universal Chapel
- Playboy Model Sara Jean Underwood Dresses Up As Your Favorite Star Wars Characters
- These Hilarious Cats Look Like Furry Catbuses Come To Life
- Hyperrealistic Depictions Of A Fictional Mouse-Butterfly Species By Lisa Ericson
- World’s Largest Slug is Bigger, Slimier, and Way Cooler Than You’d Imagine
- This Is Truly Heavenly Weather As Pictures Taken From An Airplane Cockpit Reveal What Pilots See From Above
- Dark Humor Stories That’ll Make You Think