Italian furniture design company Zeroombra has introduced a range of wall lamps integrated with shelves, inspired by the shape of table lamp.
Australian illustrator and graphic designer Najmah Salam introduces us to her latest artworks. The small collection of illustration features designs inspired by street slangs and quotes from famous writers such as Oscar Wilde and Douglas Adams. See more pictures…
Akzonobel, the largest paint company in the world, has released its predictions for next year’s colour trends. Colour Futures 2011, a report presented by the brand’s global design manager and colour expert Per Nimer, announced the themes for next year’s palette, with citrus yellow predicted as colour of the year.
According to Akzonobel, the world is now looking to the, ‘beauty of everyday life,’ for inspiration in its colour choice. Sky blue, grassy green and ‘zingy’ natural colours crop up frequently, Nimer says, because of the world’s new, ‘obsession for recreating nature.’ With 2011 coloured lemon yellow, Nimer expects we, ‘are positive for the future ahead.’
Akzonobel owns 104 brands of paint, with 128 companies including Dulux, Sikkens, Cuprinol, Hammerite. Based in Amsterdam, it employs over 55,000 people in around 80 countries.
Read the full story at Interior Design Blog
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Cute Illustrations Show How Complicated Love Is Made Simpler With IKEA Products
- Insanely Creepy Skulls Carved Out Of Fruit & Veg
- What Life Is Like Before And After You Get A Dog
- An Illustrator Imagines What Disney Princesses Would Look Like If They Were Modern Teenagers
- Amazing Street Art By HoodGraff
- 25 Iconic Photos Of Rock Stars From The 1960s And 1970s Taken By Henry Diltz
- 25,000 White Roses Made Of LED Lights For Valentine’s Day
- What World’s Famous Landmarks Could Look Like In An Epic Drought
- Inside The Oreo Wonder Vault That Popped Up In NYC
- Curated Images And Textures From Google Maps
- This Is A Carpet Made Of Vintage Jeans Labels
- Tiny Swiss Cottage Built From Remnants Of An Alpine Log Cabin
- This Artist Creates A Ceramics Imprinted With Patterns Of Vintage Typewriter Letters
- An Abstracted Lamborghini Is The Basis For The Bizarre-Looking Lo Res Car From United Nude
- Changing Cities: The Overlapping Of Past And Present