Part four of Bacardi’s True Originals ad campaign byand the first one to feature an actual bartender, Nicolas Saint-Jean:
The other parts on YouTube.
Out to Sea is the output of the meeting between the visions of the photographer Oskar Cecere and the creations of fashion designer MirkoG. di Brandimarte. More images on Designaside.
We introduce you Claudia Civilleri, another designer of the first collection WHAT’S MORE ALIVE THAN YOU®.
THIS IS ME
Palermo – Italy, January 31, 1986
My training clearly expresses the two fundamental sides of my professional character – a degree in Industrial Design at the University of Palermo and graduation in Design of Shoes and Accessories at the European Istitute of Design (IED), Barcelona. I always try to combine artistic creativity with industrial rationality. I like to merge forms and contaminate fashion with other forms of art.
THIS IS MY ARTWORK – UP SHOES
Claudia Civilleri’s UP SHOES is a very interesting project. The original idea involved the creation of models with polyurethane mould, but agree with the author, we have preferred a different process to ensure a higher quality of the finished product in terms of ergonomics and stability.
To copy the swelling obtained with the plastic materials, an embroidery machine of the seventies has been found again in a basement, a machine able to sew the strips of two-tone leather, with no visible seams and at the same time, entering expanded material into one of the two colors, creating bulges.
The shoe does not have separate upper and lining, but it is a unique piece. Also outside these are one piece, seamless and blocked just in front. In this way the product is very light and, despite the height of 105mm, the walk is not compromised at all.
A soft, comfortable and elegant object, but at the same time funny and ironic also able to mix style with industrial technology, simplicity of materials with the construction complexity.
For more informations the WMATY press office is at your disposal.
Contact: Giovanna Pineschi – email@example.com
WHAT’S MORE ALIVE THAN YOU®
shoes, bags and accessories from across the globe
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | ITALIAN PRESS OFFICE – MILAN | STAFF OFFICE – PADOVA | ITALY
THIS FASHION-ART COMPANY IS ONLY ON THE WEB | WMATY.COM
Michael Pratt was born in Roswell, New Mexico. A ceramist and painter, Michael co-founded Pratt & Larson Ceramics in Portland, Oregon in 1980.
More at inkbutter.com.
From Stupid.com: “Face it — There are times when the bathroom is worse than any crime scene you’ll see on CSI. Perhaps you’re the most frequent perpetrator, or maybe it’s Dad or even Grandma. But regardless of who’s responsible for the carnage, the bathroom is often not for the squeamish.” I agree! You can buy the Crime Scene toilet paper here.
This summer, the streets of New York are buzzing with indie concerts, all around Manhattan and Brooklyn. Check the dates!
Luxury yacht service provider Fraser Yachts has added 39.62m Sojourn to their fleet of luxury charter yachts.
The 39.62m Sojourn yacht, designed by the naval architect Jack Sarin, has a capacity for eight overnight guests serviced by a crew of eight. The yacht launched in 1999 was built by Gambol Industries, and sports an old world feel interior designed by Renee Brown. Plush carpeting is combined with European steamed beech paneling. A huge collection of artwork and original sculptures by Anthony Quinn adorns the interiors.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Photographer Captures An Empty New York City During The Snowpocalypse
- Before Photoshop – 14 Historic Photos That Have Been Manipulated
- Adorable 1970s Valentine’s Day Cards Featuring The McDonaldland Characters
- What Art History Would Look Like If Men And Women Had More Tattoos
- 12 Charts That Perfectly Sum Up Being In A Long Distance Relationship
- Death Anxiety Comics Inspired By Our Fears
- Forgotten Housing Estates In Paris Captured By Laurent Kronental
- Makeup Artist Turns Herself Into Creepy Monsters That’ll Give You Nightmares
- Benetton Uses Ethnicity Data To Create Computer-Generated ‘Models’ From Different Cities
- $2 Junk Shop Photo Turns Out To Be Worth $5,000,000
- Artists Create Unique Wallcut Murals In Abandoned Factory
- 15 Authentic Shots Of Motherhood In All Its Beauty
- Gerard Schlosser’s Intimate And Hyperrealistic Paintings Of The Body (NSFW)
- Breathtaking Photos Of London Town From Above
- Juniper, The Happiest Fox In The World