Charles and Ray Eames augmented the interior “collage” of the Eames House with numerous objects brought back from their extensive travels. The figure of a black wooden bird – evidently one of their most prized objects of American folk art – has stood in the centre of their living room for over fifty years. Also seen as an accessory in many of the Eameses’ photographs, the bird figure from the Appalachian mountain region of the eastern United States. Based on the original artifact and in cooperation with the Eames Family, Vitra is now producing the first series of this figure.
Amazing landscape, nature, cities and animals photography by Alessia Campostrini, professional amateur photographer living in San Francisco, California.
Alex Mikhaylov is a Art Director, a motion and graphic artist from Moscow, Russia.
Representing a 20-year-long mission of National Geographic photographer Joel Sartore to record North American species facing extinction, Rare: Portraits of America’s Endangered Species is a beautiful book filled with tragic stories. See more amazing, high-res photos only at My Modern Metropolis.
An online ambient musicbox, which generates its sounds using the orbital/year frequencies of most of the major bodies of our solar system.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Life-Size 1964 Ford Mustang Recreated In Lego
- Apple To Create New UK Headquarters At London’s Battersea Power Station
- This Mind-Blowing Audi Truck Could Be The Future Of Big Rigs
- A Look Inside The Luxurious Boeing 747-8 VIP
- How The Pros Film Crocodiles Up Close
- Sharon Stone And Anton Rivas In “Dog Day Afternoon” Photoshoot (2012)
- French Florist Spends 15 Years Decorating His Shop With 800 Water Cans
- This Humble Little House Was Designed For A Chef To Live On The Coast Of Norway
- Sarah Mudle’s Creepy Makeup Art Will Give You Nightmares
- Meet Rava Ray, The Sexy Queen Of The Stingrays
- Simple And Clever Pictures That Perfectly Sum Up Every Day Life
- Mike Miller’s Photography Captures ’90s Hip-Hop And Lowrider Culture To The Fullest
- 2016 Nikon Small World Photo Contest Winners
- Photographer Mike Kelley Captures Air Traffic In A Way You’ve Never Seen Before
- Artist Shows Off The Fleeting Nature Of Beauty With Crumbling Portraits