Ryan McElhinney turns trash into unique treasure. The Toy Lamp is made of unwanted toys which are bonded together and then coated in a high gloss polyurethane lacquer. Continue reading…
Inspired by an article he read about abandoned diamond mines in Namibia, photographer Álvaro Sánchez-Montañés wanted to learn more. See more at My Modern Metropolis.
George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have opened up their personal collection of Norman Rockwell’s iconic paintings for all of us to enjoy. At the Smithsonian from now till January 2nd, the museum is exhibiting fifty-seven of his major works. See more at My Modern Metropolis.
One in a series of posters on the topic of truth and perception, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel we need to realise that sometimes the old ideas are still the best.
see full size image here
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- You Can Stay At This Converted Oil Rig In Malaysia And Go Diving
- Le Bristol Hotel In Paris Has Two Birman Kitties Watching Over The Lobby
- Stress Relief Service In Moscow
- Winners Of The National Geographic’s Kids Photography Competition 2015
- These Protective Wearables Feature Tiny Cat Ears For Added Playfulness
- New Campaign ‘Sexxenger’ Highlights Online Danger For Kids
- Animalistic Soldier Portraits By Alexander Khokhlov
- Europe’s First Underwater Sculpture Museum
- Adorable ‘Little Monks’ In Chongqing Go Viral Online
- Oscar Movie Posters Remade With ‘Winnie The Pooh’ Will Add Critical Acclaim To Your Childhood
- This Adorable Cat Just Got A Much Deserved Promotion
- The First Non-Nude Issue Of Playboy Is Here
- A Man Created A Bathroom Mirror That Looks Like The Future
- Get Shit Done With Mi Goals
- A Catlendar To Make You Smile All Year Round In 2016