Fancy showing off the latest & greatest template on the market? Er… for FREE? Well here’s the deal – we teamed up with the coolest newcomer in the template marketplace world in order to give away three amazingly fresh templates: Apollo HTML, Limon (Tumblr Theme) and Signal 8 (WordPress themes).
Karen Petrasko is an illustrator working in the Seattle area. She freelances as a digital artist providing illustrations for a variety of projects and clients.
The design should tell you right away this isn’t your ordinary light bulb. GE is set to realease a new Energy Smart LED Bulb capable of lasting 40years. More images and info here.
Amazing illustrations by Mahir Ates, talented Turkish illustator, who based in Istanbul. He started to draw photorealistic illustrations with Airbrush.
Cement Eclipses is a research project started by Isaac Cordal. Cordal places his sculptures in urban environments and photographs them hidden among the sidewalks, streets, and walls. See more at My Modern Metropolis.
Creative illustrations by Fernando Forero, 31 years old talented male illustrator from Colombia.
Raphael Lacoste lives in Canada, Montreal, with wife and son since 2002. He was born in 1974 in Paris, but lived mostly around Bordeaux, south west of France until he left for Canada.
Rosenbaum® brings the Brazilian colonial memorial back
One of the prominences of the restaurant are the walls made of clay using the SuperAdobe technic. The different tones of colors were created through the clay dying using herbs.
The project of the restaurant Dalva e Dito – from the chef Alex Atala, has come with the idea to bring the brazilian colonial food back.
From our understanding of this briefing, it was decided to create a space able to hold it and enlarge this work. We did this project with a huge stage, being possible to offer the esthetic and possible resources, functional and emotional, so that the brazilian colonial get expression at the space and at the present time.
Our research started with a study trip to Ouro Preto (MG), direct from the source of the preserved Brazilian architectonic patrimony.
The houses, churches, windows and doors were studied. As well the color of the floor and sky; the measures and proportions; the smell at meal times; the walk of the ones just walking. Everything caught our interest, the great arts, the latticework, wall tiles, and the hydraulic floors. We studied beyond Minas Gerais.
The Colonial Brazil was relived. We came back with a fresh brazilian memory in our heads and heart.
The concept of the project is the inclusion of this memory, because we believe there is no rescue of memories without the inclusion – of the culture, the object, the artist and the citizen.
Dalva e Dito was built this way. The proportions are generous. The walls are of Super Adobe, an evolution of mud wall; at the colors of the clay with natural dying, built by young people qualified by Arapoty Institute (Organization turned to diffuse the indigene wholly worth ).
The tables are made of remaining parts of wood floor of demolition. Large carpets of hydraulic floors re-cover the floor. The choice of the objects and arts privileges our popular art, makes a worth-mix and links the sophistication of the ambient.
For more pictures and info http://rosenbaumdesign.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/dalva-e-dito-inclusive/
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Urban Jungle: Hong Kong From Above By Andy Yeung
- This Urban Artist Creates Amazing Rainbow Colored Art Around The World
- Slavik’s Fashion: The Most Stylish Hobo in The Ukraine
- Artist’s Gorgeous Watercolor Paintings Align Perfectly With Surroundings
- Titian Fur Kitten: The Almost Perfect Professional Cat Model
- Ivorian Photographer Joana Choumali Shows Modern African Women Dressed In The Traditional Clothes Of Their Ancestors
- Beautiful Colorized Photos Of Immigrants in Their Traditional Dresses At The Ellis Island Immigration Station In The Early 20th Century
- Photographer Elaine Li Captures Beautiful Pictures Of Urban Landscapes In Unusual Ways
- Glowing Dress Turns Claire Danes Into Cinderella At The Met Gala
- Police Sketches Of 15 Literary Characters Based On Their Book Descriptions
- Mouth-Watering Lego Meals Art By Japanese Artist
- Malaysian Artist ‘Red’ Hong Yi Creates Jackie Chan Portrait Using Thousands Chopsticks
- Woman And Her Cat Have Been Sailing Around The World Together For Years
- Rare Photos Of 19-Year-Old Prince Outside Minneapolis’ Old Schmitt Music Headquarters In 1977
- Boxes Into Beds: Brilliant Idea Helps Earthquake Victims In Japan