Ron English’s “Grin” series made our news feed yesterday with The Telegrinnies. Today, Barney is the next re-appropriation of his series, in collaboration with Made By Monsters. Barney measures at 10″ tall and this colourway will be released by Zacpac Japan.
On November 27th, we will see the 70th birthday celebration of martial-arts and movie celebrity, Bruce Lee. Known for his lightning quick speed and undeniable heart of a dragon, his attacks took the world by storm to the point where he became an action movie star. Enterbay created a 1/4 scale HD Bruce Lee figure in his famous pose from “Enter The Dragon”. The release date is slated for September 2010, but you can pre-order now from Enterbay for $170.
Participating in MCASC’s Viva La Revolucion show opening this Saturday, Os Gemeos have created a large outdoor mural titled “Don’t Believe The Hype” to go along with their pieces in the show itself. The large mural is outside an above-ground parking lot, and is a great piece of work by the Brazilian twins.
Editorial for Atypica! June 2010
PH, Idea & Post: Cecilia Moledo
PD: Daiana Saucedo
PH Asist: Santiago Frione
PD Asist: Santiago Tauzin
Mk up & Hair: Daiana Saucedo
Models: Catalina Windmuller, Sofia Fanego (REBEL Mgmt)
Special thanks to: Ay Not Dead , Jane Pain, Lucila Iotti, Peuque, Lara Bernasconi Shoes,De La Ostia.
France’s streetwear brand Qhuit unveils its spring/summer lookbook for 2011. From one season to the next, the brand expands its collections by offering t-shirts, polos, shirts, hoodies, zip-ups, Japenese denims, jackets and accessories. Offering its own world with visual metaphores, dubious “fran-glais” puns, enticing slogans and absurd images, the collection next summer features also some grown-up items for those who like it down-to-earth.
While steel and concrete may remain paramount in the world of architecture, glass remains an almost ethereal form in the way architects design our homes and offices. To celebrate the world’s greatest glass buildings, TheCoolist has selected 15 amazing glass structures from around the world. Check out the full, eye opening list at TheCoolist.
popular people portraits in vectors by alejandro garcia.
more vector portraits here.
Could we witness a retelling of David versus Goliath with an epic battle between the two largest social networking networking competitors? You have Facebook, which continually grows amidst its privacy woes. Then you have Twitter, which faces scalability issues with increasing usage. As big as they both are, Twitter is tiny compared to Facebook’s massive user base, but maybe not for long.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- This Adorable Series Documents A Toddler And Her Pup Growing Up
- Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook
- This Inspirational Girl Saved a Homeless Dog in the Most Ingenious Way
- Ten Awe-Inspiring Routes You Need to Travel Along at Least Once in Your Life
- Cats and Girls by Sean Marc Lee
- Numbers on Stairs Help Kids Learn to Count
- Brave Mum Dresses As Wonder Woman For Last Day Of Chemo
- These Granny Panties Will Revolutionize Your Sex Life
- Couple’s Dog Is the Cameraman On Their Enchanting Wedding Day
- Stunning Photos of ‘Star Wars’ Scenes Created with Lego
- Children With Down Syndrome Recreate Famous Paintings To Prove That Everyone Is A Work Of Art
- This Dutch Museum is Covered in Grass and Has a Rooftop Walkway
- Goat Put In Tiger Enclosure As Lunch, Steals Tiger’s Bed And Becomes Boss