A Miami based Design Duo with lots more @ www.DefiTheNorm.com
Limited edition sketchbook! So small that fits in your pocket. 32 blank pages. Grow your ideas and store them in this handy book. Big ideas can fit in your pocket! Printed on recycled paper with soy ink. Hella nice to our planet. more about this product
Hit the Gas Illustration by Alessio Radice
“It is through the kitchen door that close friends and visitors enter Brazilian homes. And that’s where they hang out for hours, chatting, sipping sugar cane brandy, which is never wanting, accompanying bread, cookies of all sorts and cheese, all homemade, always beautifully set out on the table, covered by a dishcloth. The house is where the fire is kept burning to prepare dinner.”
(Marcelo Simon Manzatti)
Food has always been and will continue to be an excuse for getting together.
And there is no better temple than the kitchen for this celebration. The kitchen is the meeting point of simplicity, the place of communion and generosity. The Brazilian kitchen is necessarily located next to the living room, the heart of the house. To create Cozinha Clube (Kitchen Club), with Estar (Living), space for the Batuque (Drumbeat) and Prosa (Chat), is nothing further than a return to our traditions.
This is our way of eating, happy and festive.
With cozinha.clube.br, we propose a space conveying a strong and true story built on our observations of simple things, everyday elements, Brazilian cultural roots, the fluke occurrence, an improvisation. So we will work with trash collectors who will discover an informal curatorship of objects transformed into furniture for the space. From an ordinary selection of obsolete objects, we will make random collages, fun and nonsensical, generating a fresh, more rational, emotional and esthetic dimension. A translation to the design of a collage that is the image of Brazilian people.
Our idea is that for the final product to be glamorous and sophisticated, even to the point of mystifying our visitor. At first sight, he may not recognize the origin of the materials, inducing a quiet, non-aggressive pondering. We want to show the real possibility of new luxury and comfort. Meaningful consuming based on experience. cozinha.clube.br appears as a fruit of the new “trysumer” trend, the consumer wave that is more prone to try out new ideas than simply to collect objects.
Proposed are plastic, paper, vinyl floor tiles, rubber and rejected, disposed of and forgotten materials.
To document all this construction process of the kitchen club and experiments that are to happen in the space during the Casa Cor 2007 show, we proposed the creation of a blog with daily updates by a hired blog journalist, to pass on to the public in text and photos what is going on at cozinha.clube.br.
Projet by Rosenbaum®
Location: São Paulo – Brazil
More infos http://rosenbaumdesign.wordpress.com/2008/09/01/casa-cor-2007/
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Police Sketches Of 15 Literary Characters Based On Their Book Descriptions
- Mouth-Watering Lego Meals Art By Japanese Artist
- Malaysian Artist ‘Red’ Hong Yi Creates Jackie Chan Portrait Using Thousands Chopsticks
- Woman And Her Cat Have Been Sailing Around The World Together For Years
- Rare Photos Of 19-Year-Old Prince Outside Minneapolis’ Old Schmitt Music Headquarters In 1977
- Boxes Into Beds: Brilliant Idea Helps Earthquake Victims In Japan
- Meet Snoped, The Sleek Snowmobile
- Mugshots Of Female Nazi Concentration Camp Guards While Awaiting Trial In 1945
- “For The Love Of Peanut Butter”: Humorous Photo Series Of Dogs Eating Peanut Butter
- Star Wars Toy Photography Through The Lens Of A U.S. Marine
- Beautiful Otherworldly Artwork Of Cyril Rolando
- With Fire On Their Blades: The Dark Fantasy Character Art Of Eve Ventrue
- A Collection Of Cartoons For Those Who Like Smart And Modern Humor
- Bearded Man Playfully Poses For Pin-Up Calendar To Raise Money For Children’s Charity
- Stunning Digital Female Portraits By Irakli Nadar