David Hicks was one of the United Kingdom’s most eminent, most influential interior designers, ever since he was first featured in House & Garden in 1954 – now, his son, Ashley Hicks, has authored A Life of Design: David Hicks, documenting his late father’s career. A colorful volume showcasing the life and work of one of Britain’s most prolific and vibrant decorators, this book is a rich gift for anybody seeking to add color and vivacity to their own lives, or seeking a better understanding of the late Mr. Hicks. Available through Paul Smith.
San Francisco artist Eric Joyner is holding a solo exhibition at the Corey Helford Gallery, entitled “Donut Logic”. Joyner’s art has a surprising twist in this exhibit as he replaces human life with metallic robots, although the act like regular humans like balancing a family and work, as well as sporting tattoos. There are 20 new works in the exhibition, which will run from August 14th to September 1st.
You can have a taste of theon .
Brew Dog declared that their new beer has brought the history to an end: they made a 55% alcoholic beer, which is inserted into taxidermied rodents. One bottle of this beer costs approximately $750. Therefore, they claim that they have the strongest and most expensive beer in the world.
See the video at Black Yogurt.
Megan Daniels for TITS. Photography by Estevan Oriol. Video shot by Willie T.
Watch it at inkbutter.com.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Bring The Argentinian Grasslands Indoors With These Stunning Handmade Rugs
- Shipwrecks And Deep Ocean Scenes Encapsulated Inside Translucent Whale Sculptures
- This Engineer Creates Incredible 3D Calligraphy That Leaps Off The Page
- Chinese Village Builds Giant Golden Statue Of Mao Zedong
- Street Art That Only Appears When It Rains
- Men And Women Before 10 A.M. By Veronique Vial
- Jellyfish Plants Transform Your Room Into A Underwater Wonderland
- Hairstylist Paints Hair Into Classic Paintings
- Nature Framed By Myoung Ho Lee
- Istanbul Inception: Surreal Turkish Cityscapes By Aydın Büyüktaş
- These Twisted Vintage Portraits Were Made Before Photoshop
- Hilarious Illustrations Of Real Movie Typos By Austin Light
- The Six Stages of Waking Up In The Morning
- This Artist Turns People Into Aliens By Drawing Faces On Their Backs
- This Craftsman Creates Absolutely Badass Steampunk Masks, Outfits And Accessories