|If you like Design You Trust,|
support us on Facebook:
Check out the 30 photos from the National Geographic Channel, for the month of May 2010. The collection of photos included all the categories of festivals around the world, nature, natural calamities, events, news etc. Hope you will like the post
Arjowiggins Creative Papers [Client] , the world’s leading manufacturer of creative eco-sustainable papers, has launched a new international design contest in partnership with Design Week. The aim is to encourage and promote new talent within the UK and global design community by providing a platform to showcase work inspired by the world’s leading range of creative papers – the Curious Collection.
Inspired by the Curious Story, created by top fashion photographer Grégoire Alexandre for last year’s rejuvenation of the Curious Collection, the contest is looking for a range of entries including illustration, printed artworks, 2D computer generated graphics, 3D sculptures and models that capture the imagination of designers in the UK and across the world.
Open to both professionals and students, the brief for the contest is for designers to create a visual representation of their own Curious Story, where the paper is the hero. Like Grégoire Alexandre’s story of a girl’s vivid journey through different, colourful paper worlds, entries should reflect the curious nature of the designer as well as showcasing originality.
Designs need to be created using papers from the Curious Collection, or featuring them as the centre of the story, and must be submitted via www.yourcuriousstory.com – where a picture of the design work will be posted. In order to receive samples, designers will be required to contact their local distributors or send an email to an address indicated on the website, including a brief description of their planned submission. The deadline for submissions at the international level is September 30th, 2010.
For more information about the contest or to view the ‘Curious Stories’ of renowned artists and designers such as Grégoire Alexandre or Le Creative Sweatshop, please visit www.yourcuriousstory.com
This week, HypeForType releases its latest line-up of exclusive fonts designed by seriously talented designers from around the world.
The HFT Exclusive Collection Volume 3 features brand new typefaces made by Craig Ward, Marta Alimbau, Playful, Official Classic, and MusaWorkLab.
Each typeface is able to be purchased separately or as a pack and are only available through HypeForType.
Click on the images below to read more!
Raytoh aka Torei is a Singapore based illustrator, painter and concept artist.
German Designer and Illustrator Jenny Theisen has a fine expression of lines, surrealism and cutieness.
view Jenny Theisen’s Portfolio
Read the rest of “Fine Line Illustraions by Jenny Theisen” »
creates patterns with an planned arrangement of objects and a special POV
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Duu Motorcycle
- The Floyd Utility Set
- Another Escape Magazine
- You Can Rent Out this Eerie, Abandoned Wizard of Oz Theme Park
- Amazing Images Reveal How the Exclusion Zone Around Fukushima Has Been Abandoned to Become an Overgrown Wilderness
- Artist Duo STALLMAN Create ‘Canvas On Edge’ Collection
- Luxurious Eco-Friendly Mansion Exists Entirely Below Ground
- Helix: The Folding Bicycle
- Hang Sitt: The Dual-Purpose Chair
- Building Websites Just Got so Much Better with the New Divi Builder Plugin
- Sibui Nazarenko by Michael Sanders
- Alphabeta Lamp
- Aigai Spa – Urban Oasis in São Paulo
- Cookie Cutter and Stampers
- You’re Guaranteed To Find That Special Gift For Each And Everyone In The Family Here
- Products of The Day #446
- FLYBi Drone with VR Goggles is Insanely Awesome
- Long Island Residence – Renovation and Conservation
- Bizarre Paintings of Mecha Robots Attacking East European Peasants of the Early 20th Century
- Adorable Lizard Uses Blossoming Rose as a Comfy Bed