Research photography of 18th & 19th Century tombstone typography. Shot by Tom Davie in various cemeteries throughout the state of Ohio.
Jean-François Carly has been taking photos since he was 5 years old. Belgian born and raised, Jean-François moved to London in the late ‘90s to pursue his passion for fashion photography. His love for fashion photography was heightened after discovering the work of Dominique Issermann, Disfarmer and Avedon while working in a photo archive during his late teens.
More at inkbutter.com.
If you want to give your garden a statement splash of colour this summer, check out the truly iconic Pastil Chair by Eero Aarnio.
First designed in the swinging 60s, this designer chair is not only adding fun and colour to outdoor living this season, but it is possibly THE most comfortable chair on the market! Even the New York Times agrees, describing them “the most comfortable forms to hold up the human body.”
They are made from fibreglass, designed not to scratch or fade. You can laze in the summer sun in the garden, or if you need to cool down, why not float it on water! You can relax and dangle your feet, while floating in your own super-trendy comfort-capsule!
Rheanna lives in Vancouver, British Columbia and is a self-taught painter and illustrator. She received her BCD (Bachelor of Communication Design) from Emily Carr University in 2006.
More at inkbutter.com.
Got, got, got, need!’ by illustrator Elliott Quince is a collection of 32 portraits that take football stickers out of the playground and in to the art gallery.
The supersized stickers are hand-painted on to canvas and consist of one player from each of the 32 nations competing at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
‘Got, got, got, need!’ is being exhibited at The Offside Gallery, Islington throughout the duration of the tournament.
All proceeds go to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Luton and Dunstable Hospital – visit www.gotgotgotneed.com to find out more.
The Radisson Hotel Pudong Century Park in Shanghai has been honored ‘China’s Best Art-design Hotel of 2010’ in the seventh Golden Pillow Awards Ceremony held in Hangzhou, China, on May 25, 2010.
The interiors of the hotel are characterized by bold colors. Clean lines feature throughout the furnitures and furnishing, creating an inviting atmosphere. Art is the main theme of the hotel with artwork exhibition series and commissioned modern art pieces featured throughout the hotel. The hotel’s lobby features sleek leather furniture in bold reds and blacks.
Few images of Radisson Hotel Pudong Century Park from agoda
Outdoor Swimming Pool:
Read the full story at ‘World Interior Design Network‘
In time for the World Cup, £299 (FREE if England wins…..)
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Magnetique: The Shiftable Shelves
- The BullRest is Redesigning Travel Pillows
- Sculptural House – Collaboration Between an Architect and a Sculptor
- Woman Knits Tiny Wool Sweaters to Keep Chickens Warm
- Feeding Polar Bears from a Tank, 1950
- Berlin Summer Apartment, by Loft Szczecin Studio
- The Strangest, yet Amusing Days on Earth!
- Astrid Holler by Nicole Bentley for Vogue Australia December 2015
- 20 Perfect Photographs that Reveal the True Beauty of Our World in All Its Glory
- 15 Wonderfully Satisfying Photographs to Put Your Tired Mind to Rest
- This Standing Table Has a “Personality” of Its Own
- Bamboo and Glass Toaster Lets You See How Your Bread is Being Toasted
- Incredible Levitation Photography by Mike Dempsey
- Interior Renovation by HAO Design
- Street Portraits from Dubai to Hong Kong