The New York High Line is a vanguard urbanist project led by Diller Scofido + Renfro which was opened to the public today! The project itself consisted in renovating a 1.45 mile-long elevated steel structure built in the 30’s for freight trains, and turning it into a public park with uninterrupted views of the Hudson River and the city skyline. The end result is brilliant in many many ways!
See more pics of this fantastic project here!
It’s not often that one can describe someone’s work with the words subtle and highly hallucinogenic. Yet this seems to be the case with |||||||||||||||||||’s 3gen series of digital Op art. It’s great!
Check out the rest of this series by clicking here!
A 3 min animation using matches & match boxes to celebrate the 10th birthday of a famous bar in Montreal, the Laïka. For the record, Laïka originally was the name of the first earthling ever sent to space. It was a female dog. It was in Russia. In was in 1957.
Beautiful illustrations of the classic fables and fairy tales by Pedro Bason. More here.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Meet This Colorful Australian Peacock Spider
- Minimalistic Photos Of Architecture That Pop With Color, Geometrical Elements
- Humorous Illustrations Of Chewbacca As Comical Visual Puns
- Artist Turns Old Mattresses Into Giant Foods
- My Brain Does Not Compute With This Artist’s Phenomenal 3D Drawings…
- Artist Paints Hyper Realistic Animal Portraits That Place Your Own Pet In Historical Settings
- LICK Puppies, An Adorable Photo Series That Captures Canine Youngsters In Mid-Lick
- Artists Builds Tiny Tree-Houses Around Common House Plants And It’s Awesome!
- The R.A.F. MK1 Cluster Bomb Drinks Cabinet
- Artist’s Series Depicts ‘Game Of Thrones’ Characters Drawn As Pin-Up
- Jungle Book Cast Photos Pair Actors With Animals
- If Modern Movies Would’ve Been Released On VHS Cassette
- Don’t Look Down At This Glass Sightseeing Platform In China
- This Mom Makes Costumes And Takes Awesome Photos Of Her Kids
- 12 Things You’re Doing That Make People Dislike You Immediately