|Spread your love to Design You Trust:|
Mon Oeil means “My eye” in French. It’s also the name of Jerom Masi’s graphic design studio.
Creative and glamour photography by Kris de Smedt, professional fashion photographer, based in Belgium.
Photography by Kris de Smedt
2) Where are you from and where are you based right now?
I’m from Bristol and spend most of my time here.
3) When, and using which tools, did you start to approach art?
I’ve been drawing for as long as I can remember. I discovered these magic marker studio pens and from there on couldn’t put them down.
4) Is there a number you consider special?
5) Which creative process do you usually follow to create one of your works?
Firstly the image & concept will be swimming around in my head to begin with – sometimes weeks & months The first rule is to take my own photos or it could come back to bite you on the arse. Once I’ve got the shot, I need to manipulate the image to a stark black & white form and cut it into a stencil and after that the rest is all application.
6) Many of your works –on canvas as well as on the road- feature a man in suit and bowler hat… How was this character born? What does he represent?
You don’t expect a man dressed as a city gent to be writing on the wall. People generally judge by appearance so dressed in this uniform, the vandal is less likely to be gripped by the police. The large umbrella is also a good decoy as you could be doing anything behind one. For me the the character is a representation of the man who could not take it anymore. Tired of the dull grey architecture that surrounds him, he takes over cities one at a time with his palette of colours. Just painting the town red wasn’t an option.
7) In what kind of world do your creations live?
A Haphazard but colourful one.
8) “Moona Lisa”: surely one of your greatest successes, also from a commercial standpoint… is it the work you are the most bound to as well?
This piece put me on the map so I’m still particularly fond of her.
9) How can a street artist get into the expositions/museums/galleries circuit?
Do your first shows yourself. Hire a building or pull in a favor from someone with a cool space and promote your show yourself.
10) What would you advise to someone trying to start this kind of career?
Don’t look at what everyone else is doing or saying. Listen to your own mind and entrust your ideas to only those within your inner circle – if at all.
11) Say goodbye as you would say it to your friends…
Never goodbye – only see you later.
source and italian version here
great minimalist furniture designs by ubica design studio, based in Barcelona, Spain.
via minimalist approa.ch
Coolest Browsergame i know so far.
Matte Painting demo reel 2009 from Alex Popescu – Digital Environment Artist
Following this artist’s gallery on behance portal and found new project that he released lately. The project is called American Dream. The digitally tweaked illustrations are very nice. The layered, complex style talks to me but what has caught up my attention are the three pieces at the bottom of the gallery which are showing the original art. There are some nice details and they are even to buy.
So…Just have a peak at
Recently on Design You Trust
- 55m2 All-inclusive Nature Retreat
- Minimalist Interior Personalized In Navy Blue
- Products of The Day #424
- Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2015: First Glimpse Of Finalists’ Images
- An Architect In France Has Designed A Concrete Pool Table For Public Spaces
- Grumpy Cat Not Happy to Be Named First Madame Tussauds Cat
- Artist Uses Recycled Off-Cuts Of Wood To Create An Architectural Sculpture
- Lyonheart K
- Moment Case
- Nike Archive 83