Parts of Times Square Closed to Automobiles
New Yorkers can now walk thru the very heart of Times Square. New York City is banning cars from stretches of Broadway at Times Square and Herald Square. The goal is to reduce pollution and pedestrian accidents and to help traffic flow more smoothly. Officials say the plan will help make the city more livable.
Photos: Seth Wenig/AP, Michael Nagle/Reuters, Chip East/Reuters, Emmanuel Dunand/AFP.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters
- Photographer Sabrina Boem Beautifully Captured The Monorail Cats
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Russian Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Famous Characters Got Old, And Thor Is Too Cute
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- Extraordinary Photos Of The Joy And Freedom Of Childhood At A Time When It Was Normal To Play Out In The Street
- 30 Vintage Ads That Would Be Banned Today
- Vintage Yugoslavian Computer Magazine Cover Girls Of The 1980s-90s