Parts of Times Square Closed to Automobiles
New Yorkers can now walk thru the very heart of Times Square. New York City is banning cars from stretches of Broadway at Times Square and Herald Square. The goal is to reduce pollution and pedestrian accidents and to help traffic flow more smoothly. Officials say the plan will help make the city more livable.
Photos: Seth Wenig/AP, Michael Nagle/Reuters, Chip East/Reuters, Emmanuel Dunand/AFP.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- 30 Times People Accidentally Created Art
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- This Woman Has Dedicated Her Life To Taking Pictures Of The Oldest Trees On The Planet
- A Shocking Campaign Uses Graphic Images To Point Out The Damage That Plastic Pollution Has On The Ocean’s Wildlife
- Amazing Portraits Of Elspeth Beard, The First British Woman To Ride A Motorcycle Around The World
- Artist Creates Lighting Fixtures Inspired From Star Wars Movies
- Abandoned Hotels In The Egyptian Desert May As Well Be On Another Planet
- The Metamorphosis: Depressive And Dark Paintings By The Artist Anton Semenov
- The Bridge To Nowhere: Belhaven Bridge