Photo of the Day: Moving with the Times. Soviet Monument gets a Facelift in Bulgaria.
A combination picture shows (top) the figures of Soviet soldiers at the base of the Soviet Army monument, painted by an unknown artist, in Sofia on June 17 and a member of the Bulgarian Socialist Party’s youth organisation cleaning the same figures of the monument February 18, 2010. The figures have been painted to resemble U.S. comic book heroes and characters from popular culture like Santa Claus and Ronald McDonald, the mascot of fast-food chain giant McDonald’s. The inscription below them reads: “Moving with the times”. Stoyan Nenov / Reuters. Click to zoom.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- This Artist Draws Comics To Blow Off Some Steam During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Vintage Portraits Of Psychiatric Patients In The Late 19th Century
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild