Photo of the Day: Moving with the Times. Soviet Monument gets a Facelift in Bulgaria.
A combination picture shows (top) the figures of Soviet soldiers at the base of the Soviet Army monument, painted by an unknown artist, in Sofia on June 17 and a member of the Bulgarian Socialist Party’s youth organisation cleaning the same figures of the monument February 18, 2010. The figures have been painted to resemble U.S. comic book heroes and characters from popular culture like Santa Claus and Ronald McDonald, the mascot of fast-food chain giant McDonald’s. The inscription below them reads: “Moving with the times”. Stoyan Nenov / Reuters. Click to zoom.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Seeing America In Isolation: American Artist George Ault Showed Us The America He Saw In Shades Of Darknes
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- How People With Bad Eyesight See The World When They Take Off Their Glasses
- Designer 3D Prints Famous Logos Into Items You Can Use Everyday
- Italian Photographer Started To Take Photos Of Models Remotely With A Webcam During The Quarantine
- Stroyboard Artist Marty Cooper Inserts Cartoons Into Real-World Situations
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- This Is How Some People Actually Work From Home