What a Ride: Coming of Age Day in Tokyo
Japanese women in kimonos ride a roller-coaster during their Coming of Age Day event at an amusement park in Tokyo. (Kim Kyung-hoon / Reuters)
Coming of Age day is held annually on the second Monday of January to congratulate all those who have reached the age of 20 years old. According to a local report, about 1,240,000 men and women who were born in 1990, reached the coming of age this year and this figure is the smallest number since 1968 in the world’s oldest major country.
Japanese women in kimonos take pictures during their Coming of Age Day event at an amusement park in Tokyo. (Kim Kyung-hoon / Reuters)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Artist Sums Up Our Everyday Lives In These Humorous One-Panel Comics