Athletes from the United States swim team model highly technical swimsuits during a news conference debuting Speedo’s new Fastskin 3 swimsuit in New York, Nov. 30, 2011. Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps is shown, fifth from right.
The bodysuit war that reduced the 2009 swimming world championships to farce and effectively turned the sport into a battle of technology could erupt again on Wednesday when Michael Phelps takes to the catwalk to launch a new outfit for next year’s London Olympics.
Phelps was bitterly opposed to the now-banned swimsuits that were used in Rome two years ago, refusing to wear them because he believed they aided buoyancy, but he is getting ready to promote a new space-age suit
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- A Look at Girls’ College Dorm Rooms in the Seventies
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Retro Pop-Culture Pictures
- This Woman Paints on Horseshoe Crabs
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- “Dream Catcher”: The Superb Imaginative Concept Artworks of Mark Kirton
- Stunning Black and White Celebrity Photographs Taken by Dennis Hopper in the 1960s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “House of God”: Amazing Psychedelic, Fractal, and Extruded Artworks of Victor Stone
- This Egyptian Photographer’s Series on the Giza Pyramids is Absolutely Breathtaking
- “Blasphemous”: The Superb 3D Concept Artworks of Alexy Préfontaine