Forget Economic Crises, $5M Luxury Watch Sets New Records at Baselworld
Luxury brand Hublot unveiled what it claims to be the most expensive watch around, at the 2012 Baselworld Watch Exhibition in Switzerland. The watch is a 14-carat diamond encrusted timepiece, worth $5m. The device is set primarily in white gold and the ultra-glam luxury watch contains a total of 1,292 diamonds, six of which weigh more than three carats apiece.
The Swiss brand, owned by French luxury goods manufacturer LVMH, said a renowned “master cutter” from New York, with over 40 years experience, was responsible for single-handedly cutting the largest GIA-certified stones to ensure the same cut “signature”.
Despite the high price and the ongoing economic crisis, producers of the watch said several people had already expressed a desire to buy the watch. In fact, the luxury watch has already been sold to the retailer “The Hour Glass” Singapore. However, the watch will be showcased first at the Hublot boutique in Marina Bay Sands and then in the Hublot corners at The Hour Glass boutiques.
A Hublot employee shows the new “5 Million Dollar Diamond Watch” during a news conference at Baselworld fair in Basel, March 7, 2012. The world’s leading watch and jewellery show Baselworld is to be held in Basel from March 8 to March 15, 2012. (Reuters)
Swiss watchmaker Hublot CEO Jean-Claude Biver shows the new “5 Million Dollar Diamond Watch” during a news conference at Baselworld fair in Basel, March 7, 2012. The world’s leading watch and jewellery show Baselworld is to be held in Basel from March 8 to March 15, 2012. (Reuters)
Presented by Hublot at BaselWorld 2012, the “$5 Million” watch – the most expensive watch of the fair – has been sold to The Hour Glass Singapore.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021