Forget Economic Crises, $5M Luxury Watch Sets New Records at Baselworld
Luxury brand Hublot unveiled what it claims to be the most expensive watch around, at the 2012 Baselworld Watch Exhibition in Switzerland. The watch is a 14-carat diamond encrusted timepiece, worth $5m. The device is set primarily in white gold and the ultra-glam luxury watch contains a total of 1,292 diamonds, six of which weigh more than three carats apiece.
The Swiss brand, owned by French luxury goods manufacturer LVMH, said a renowned “master cutter” from New York, with over 40 years experience, was responsible for single-handedly cutting the largest GIA-certified stones to ensure the same cut “signature”.
Despite the high price and the ongoing economic crisis, producers of the watch said several people had already expressed a desire to buy the watch. In fact, the luxury watch has already been sold to the retailer “The Hour Glass” Singapore. However, the watch will be showcased first at the Hublot boutique in Marina Bay Sands and then in the Hublot corners at The Hour Glass boutiques.
A Hublot employee shows the new “5 Million Dollar Diamond Watch” during a news conference at Baselworld fair in Basel, March 7, 2012. The world’s leading watch and jewellery show Baselworld is to be held in Basel from March 8 to March 15, 2012. (Reuters)
Swiss watchmaker Hublot CEO Jean-Claude Biver shows the new “5 Million Dollar Diamond Watch” during a news conference at Baselworld fair in Basel, March 7, 2012. The world’s leading watch and jewellery show Baselworld is to be held in Basel from March 8 to March 15, 2012. (Reuters)
Presented by Hublot at BaselWorld 2012, the “$5 Million” watch – the most expensive watch of the fair – has been sold to The Hour Glass Singapore.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This Girl Cosplays Unexpected Things And Here Are Hilarious Instagram Pics
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Random Acts Of Brilliant Vandalism
- Awkward Vintage Photos of Celebrities Posing With Their Beloved Cats
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- “Mystery Meat”: Photographer Portrays Fast Food In A Ghastly New Light
- Faces Of M’era Luna, The World’s Biggest Goth And Steampunk Festival
- This Japanese Artists Creates Realistic 3D Portraits Of People’s Cats
- Chinese Artist Creates Images Of Slothful Animals To Parody How Lazy This Generation Is Becoming