Forget Economic Crises, $5M Luxury Watch Sets New Records at Baselworld
Luxury brand Hublot unveiled what it claims to be the most expensive watch around, at the 2012 Baselworld Watch Exhibition in Switzerland. The watch is a 14-carat diamond encrusted timepiece, worth $5m. The device is set primarily in white gold and the ultra-glam luxury watch contains a total of 1,292 diamonds, six of which weigh more than three carats apiece.
The Swiss brand, owned by French luxury goods manufacturer LVMH, said a renowned “master cutter” from New York, with over 40 years experience, was responsible for single-handedly cutting the largest GIA-certified stones to ensure the same cut “signature”.
Despite the high price and the ongoing economic crisis, producers of the watch said several people had already expressed a desire to buy the watch. In fact, the luxury watch has already been sold to the retailer “The Hour Glass” Singapore. However, the watch will be showcased first at the Hublot boutique in Marina Bay Sands and then in the Hublot corners at The Hour Glass boutiques.
A Hublot employee shows the new “5 Million Dollar Diamond Watch” during a news conference at Baselworld fair in Basel, March 7, 2012. The world’s leading watch and jewellery show Baselworld is to be held in Basel from March 8 to March 15, 2012. (Reuters)
Swiss watchmaker Hublot CEO Jean-Claude Biver shows the new “5 Million Dollar Diamond Watch” during a news conference at Baselworld fair in Basel, March 7, 2012. The world’s leading watch and jewellery show Baselworld is to be held in Basel from March 8 to March 15, 2012. (Reuters)
Presented by Hublot at BaselWorld 2012, the “$5 Million” watch – the most expensive watch of the fair – has been sold to The Hour Glass Singapore.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Photographer Caesar Lima Explores The Unusual Beauty Of The Human Body
- Unbelievable Hyper-Realistic Sculptures By Andy Wright
- Photographer Jakub Wencek Explores The Forests Of Poland To Capture Fantastic Photos Of The Dark Side Of Nature
- British & American English: Differences
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- 10-Year-Old Girl Follows In Dad’s Footsteps To Become Tattoo Artist
- Breathtaking Wildlife And Landscape Photography By Pepe Soho
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Japanese Cats Love Nothing More In The World Than Watching Farmer Next Door Plant His Rice
- Cool Old Photos Show What School Looked Like In The 1970s