83-Year-old Man Lives in Makeshift VW Beetle
This 1967 VW Beetle may seem battered, but for 83-year-old Oscar Almaguer, it’s home.
The native of Monterrey, Mexico has lived in his car since he and his wife divorced 10 years ago. The couple had sold all of their belongings so they could divide their money in half when they split. Oscar’s wife, however, soon disappeared with everything, leaving him with only the car to his name.
The car has had only basic maintenance, and several layers of common oil-based paint cover the original colouring . Few of the car’s remaining parts are original. The engine, which Almaguer starts by short-circuiting two wires under the hood, comes from a more modern VW Sedan. The wheels and seats are from another Volkswagen model and instead of a gear-stick Almaguer uses a plastic bathroom pipe. (Daniel Becerril / Reuters)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Bird Photographer of the Year 2021
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Vintage Cars, Palms & Backyard Pools in Californian Inspired Paintings by Danny Heller
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Amazing Photos of the Third Generation of the Ford Thunderbird, 1961-1963