“Playing In The Shadows”: A Dark Reality From The Photographer Santiago Sepúlveda
Santiago Sepúlveda is a Bogotá based photographer who focuses his lens on the shadowy immateriality of reality.
His photographs are driven by his own personal perception of his subject that stems from beneath the skin, a person’s aura rather than a preconceived concept or theme. For Santiago, photography is something that comes to him in waves and impulses, pulling him through different modes of expression from documentary to portrait photography.
His photographic aesthetic has overtones of darkness and malice, which are an evocation of a fictional underworld that lies beneath the surface of the quotidian. Santiago’s subjects glare out of the photographic frame, piercing the surface of the image to look you in the eye and establish a deep human connection. The feeling that you get from looking at his portraits is akin to meeting his subjects in the flesh.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Comedian Creates Hilarious Fake Signs, Places Them All Around Los Angeles
- Glamour And Art Nude Photography By The Belarusian Photographer Juri Sergeyev
- NSFW “French Postcards” That Will Show You How People Got Nudes Way Before The Internet
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- Photographer Robert Ogilvie Perfectly Captures The Heart And Soul Of San Francisco
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Creepy And Dark Photography Of Nona Limmen, Covered With Goth, Fantasy And Metamorphosis
- “New York, By The Way”: Urban Pastel Color Photography By Ludwig Favre
- A Towering Wooden Sculpture By Daniel Popper Welcomes Beachgoers In Tulum
- Amazing Black and White Photographs Capture Scenes From Venice Beach In The 1970s And ’80s
- Photographer Captures Minimal Architecture Photos Sprinkled With Tiny Humans
- French Photograher Captured Stunning Pictures Of Post-Soviet Holiday Camp In Artek, Crimea
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- Meet The Playboy Bunnies Of The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia