“Playing In The Shadows”: A Dark Reality From The Photographer Santiago Sepúlveda
Santiago Sepúlveda is a Bogotá based photographer who focuses his lens on the shadowy immateriality of reality.
His photographs are driven by his own personal perception of his subject that stems from beneath the skin, a person’s aura rather than a preconceived concept or theme. For Santiago, photography is something that comes to him in waves and impulses, pulling him through different modes of expression from documentary to portrait photography.
His photographic aesthetic has overtones of darkness and malice, which are an evocation of a fictional underworld that lies beneath the surface of the quotidian. Santiago’s subjects glare out of the photographic frame, piercing the surface of the image to look you in the eye and establish a deep human connection. The feeling that you get from looking at his portraits is akin to meeting his subjects in the flesh.
- Japan Bondage-Style Bikini Is Latest Fashion Trend To Sweep Nation
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portraits By The Russian Photographer Marat Safin
- Sensual Self-Portrait Photography By Johanna Punz
- “Beauty Will Save The World”: Meet Sergei Lenin, The Master Of Beauty And Nude Photography From Russia
- Fabulous Portraits By Ukrainian Photo Artist Irina Dzhul
- Designer 3D Prints Famous Logos Into Items You Can Use Everyday
- Marvelous NSFW Female Portrait Photography By Darren Ankenman
- The Russian Photographer Creating Cosmic Colourways To Know
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- The Photography Duo Blending Art, Beauty And LEGO
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Venice Beach By Dotan Saguy
- Photographer Teemu Jarvinen Captures The Night Around Asia And The World
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images