Famous Artists Depicted As Animals In Art History In Series Of Humorous Illustrations
Krishna “Nanu” Chavda is an illustrator with a very, very vivid imagination!
Chavda’s imagination is so wild, she sees famous artists in animals. She has created a series of 10 illustrations based on either a self-portrait of an artist, one of their artworks, or the artists’ art-making techniques. From Frida Kahlo to Leonardo, these artists get their animal match in the eyes of cows and leopards.
“I absolutely, positively love puns and word-play. As does one of my illustrator friends, Catherine. One day Catherine sent me a text saying “Vincent van Gopher. Make it happen.” I could not refuse this order. Catherine later told me that she got the idea from an art history student of hers who misspelled Vincent van Gogh as Vincent van Goph. As I sketched ideas on how to go about drawing van Gopher, many more artist-animal pun combinations came to mind. I decided to make the illustrations Each illustration is hand-drawn with pen and ink on paper, which is then scanned and digitally colored,” Nanu told Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Russian Artists Recreate Famous Paintings And Have Much Fun
- Meet Sygmond, The Beautiful Gray Cat Of Your Nightmares
- 2020 Pooping Dogs Calendar Is Here
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- 1970s: The Most Romantic And Bizarre Period For Men’s Hairstyles
- This UI Engineer Makes Stunning Digital Art Entirely From HTML & CSS Code
- Man Noticed This Abandoned Hangar But Whats Inside Caught Him By Surprise
- 16 Bizarre Inventions From The Victorian Era
- Superb Colossal Steampunk Sculptures By Pierre Matter