Forget Everything You Thought You Knew About ‘Russian’ Dolls
Want to have one of these fancy-dressed beauties in your collection? Get in line! Even Jean Paul Gaultier has two. These hyperrealistic dolls are not your typical girl toy or matryoshka. About 40 cm tall, they’re made of polyurethane resin, plastic or porcelain, and they have correct anatomic proportions and are dressed in haute couture.
Born in the city of Perm and now living in St. Petersburg, twin sisters Ekaterina and Elena Popovy have been making dolls since 2004. Their early works had faces of popular idols of that time: Die Antwoord, Marilyn Manson, Dita von Teese, Madonna, John Galliano and others.
Each of the sisters’ collections reflects a different style and ethnic flavor. “Our main inspiration is nature because it’s an unsurpassed designer,” they said.
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portraits By The Russian Photographer Marat Safin
- “Dreams Of Sensuality”: Beautiful Art Nude Photography By Dani Fehr
- Gorgeous Female Portraits By The Miami Beach Photographer Mark Del Mar
- “Postcards From Google Earth”: This Artist Finds Strange Beauty in Google’s Apocalyptic Glitches
- Stunning Socialist-Era Architecture: The Brutalism Of Zagreb, Croatia
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- How People With Bad Eyesight See The World When They Take Off Their Glasses
- Breathtaking Photos Of Australian Drought From Above
- Wax Sculpture Of Sleeping Woman Doubles As Candle
- Artist Maimouna Guerresi Photographs ‘Aisha In Wonderland’
- Designer 3D Prints Famous Logos Into Items You Can Use Everyday
- Marvelous NSFW Female Portrait Photography By Darren Ankenman
- Stroyboard Artist Marty Cooper Inserts Cartoons Into Real-World Situations
- Turkish Artist Abdullah Evindar Creates Fantastic Surreal Silhouette Photo Collages
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy