This Smart Bonsai Follows You Around, Quotes Goethe, In TDK’s Vision Of The Future
Bonsai. The ancient Japanese art of producing miniature trees in small containers. Contemplative and philosophical (the art was associated with Zen Buddhism in its early history following the influence of its Chinese antecedent, penzai), bonsai seems to embody the qualities often associated with “old” Japan: aesthetic refinement, harmony with nature, unchanging traditions.
In other words, it’s the perfect subject for conceptual artists trying to create startling juxtapositions between the old and the new, the analog past and the digital future.
And now, as part of a technology showcase project, TDK proposes the ultimate in hi-tech bonsai: Introducing BonsAI (pronounced “Bons A.I.”). If we are to believe in the vision proposed by their promotional video below, BonsAI is an autonomously mobile bonsai plant with built-in AI.
Not only does it alert you when it’s thirsty, it can follow you around your Zen temple and have a conversation with you. Most impressively, it can even answer questions about the meaning of life and seems to be fond of quoting Goethe: “What is important in life is life and not the result of life.”
BonsAI main features
Communicate: Since bonsai live longer than humans, they are wise. BonsAI contains wisdom from all over the world and is good at giving advice.
Take in sunlight: When it finds itself in the shadows, it moves on its own accord in search of sunlight. Its LED lights blink happily when it is under the sun.
Ask for water: When it is thirsty, it seeks out water and blinks its lights excitedly when it is watered. If you think of it as a pet, you may learn to love your BonsAI.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Japanese Photographer Brings Action Figures To Life In Impressive Shots
- China 2050: The Future Of China According To A Photographer Benoit Cezard
- Your Very Own Harrier Jet: This Jet Will Go Down In History As One Of The All Time Great Classic British Aircraft
- Photographer Captured Post-Apocalyptic Images Of Abandoned Bangkok Shopping Mall That Hides A Fishy Secret
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Back In 1980, Citröen Had A Somewhat Amusing Idea Of The Future
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Surreal Family Vacation Photos That Include The Cats
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- An Artist Created Stunning Looks For Halloween Inspired By Creepy Movie Characters