Students From University Of Sydney’s School Of Veterinary Science Posed Naked Alongside Piglets And Lambs For Charity
Student vets have stripped off for a naked calendar as part of a campaign in support of better mental health. Some 30 students from the third and fourth-year classes at the University of Sydney’s School of Veterinary Science bared all to raise money for charity the Black Dog Institute.
Posing for the calendar has become something of a rite of passage for students at the school, and it’s a cause that’s especially important for vets, said organiser Lucy Fuchter.
“As soon-to-be veterinarians and animals scientists, we are entering a workforce in which the suicide rate is four times that of the national average,” she said. “So it is a cause close to our hearts. The Black Dog Institute is an organisation dedicated to understanding, preventing and treating mental illness. With one in five people battling mental illness at some point in their lives, we hope that supporting the institute will assist their endeavours in helping so many.”
The school is the leading veterinary centre in Australia. Its has been producing a nude calendar for over ten years, generating almost $100,000 AUD ($68,000) for a variety of charities.
A dedicated website for the calendar says the fundraiser is intended to “support not only those in our industry, but all Australians who are struggling with their mental health”.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Photographer Spent 3 Weeks In Japan And Captured Cyberpunk And Noir Film Inspired Photographs
- Alice In Wonderland Re-Imagined With Japanese Artwork: Gorgeous Watercolor
- Breathtaking Ballet Photography By Nisian Hughes
- Hilarious Drawings Of Celebrities Slapping Trump
- An Artist Pranked People By Leaving Life-Sized Airpods Stickers On The Ground All Over San Francisco
- Hilariously Threatening Warning Signs
- Send-Ups Of Pop Culture And Capitalism Hidden In Retail Stores By Obvious Plant
- Paolo Di Paolo Captured Spectacular Photos Of Italy In The 1950s And 60s
- Artist Illustrates Monsters Coming Out Of People’s Phones Because We Stare At Them Too Much
- Coloring For Grown-Ups: The Adult Activity Book