Handheld, Creepy Furniture Sculptures Made Of Fake Human Skin
In the unsettling 2009 sculpture series “Handheld,” small models of furniture appear to be made out of human skin. In actuality British artist Jessica Harrison created the sculptures using casts of her own hands.
The sculptures intentionally blur the division between the human body and its environment. Much of her work is anatomically-themed—we previously wrote about her series of Bloody Boudoir Ladies figures.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- There Is A Subway Lower Than Hell: The Superb Dark And Sinister Artworks By Vergvoktre
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- The Japanese Mini Truck Garden Contest Is A Whole New Genre In Landscaping
- Bored Sitting At Home? Try To Find A Cat In Each Picture!
- Photographer Anto Magzan Captured The Aftermath Of The Strong Earthquake In Zagreb
- Matchbox Art Of Drunk Cats
- Ex-Apple Mechanical Engineers Designed DIY Surgical Mask Brace
- Australians Who Leave House Only To Take Out Trash Have Started Dressing In Costumes To Do it
- Majestic Natural Landscape Photography By Alexandros Malapetsas