Loewe’s Totoro Capsule Collection Is as Magical as the Film
If you are a fervent fan of both Studio Ghibli and fashion, Loewe’s Totoro-centered collaboration should definitely be on your radar. Spanish fashion house Loewe launched a capsule collection in collaboration and inspired Hayao Miyazaki’s 1988 film My Neighbor Totoro.
There are colorful hoodies, shorts, and tees featuring Totoro hiding in trees and running through fields punctuated by blue skies. There are bags, wallets, and loafers printed with the googly-eyed dust bunnies and a leather jacket painted with the vibrant green landscape of tall grass, all straight from the film.
Designer and creative director of Loewe Jonathan Anderson explains, “There are several reasons as to why we chose Totoro for this collaboration.…On one hand, there is Ghibli’s relationship with craft, which they approach from a perspective that still finds great value in traditional forms of animation.” He adds, “On the other hand, there are the values that My Neighbor Totoro as a whole stands for. I believe certain ideas the film conveys, such as the environment seen through the eyes of children and the concept of adventure, are very significant, especially in these times of uncertainty.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Chilean Artist Finds Humor In Everyday Life, Here Are His Superb Minimalist Comics
- “Ulm Nest”: Sleep Capsules Are Designed to Protect Ulm Homeless People from Freezing to Death
- Famous Paintings And Historical Figures Recreated Using Artificial Intelligence
- We Can’t Stop Looking At These Drawings By Artists Reimagining Their Art As Famous Cartoons
- Photographer Uses Her Dad’s Old Slides To Create A Nostalgic Photo Series
- Breathtaking Nature Pics That Won The 2020 International Photography Awards
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Choose The People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson