Cute Fashionable Animal Clay Dolls By Valentina Gekova
When someone mentions a doll, we usually imagine a human doll in Victorian clothes, or a Barbie. But there are many different ways to make and dress up a doll, and Russian artist Valentina Gekova shows this with her works. To put it shortly, she makes very cool dolls of animals like dogs, lizards, giraffes and others dressed up in very cool and comfy clothes, like tracksuits, sweatpants, jackets, etc. Though it doesn’t sound all that usual, the combination makes for a good end result.
“My dolls are made of baked clay. I’m totally self-taught, I haven’t studied anywhere. I’ve been doing this work for 5 years and since then, this has been my main activity. At first I made small clay jars, then I made a (human) doll. And after that came the idea of making an animal doll. I like the modern look of the clothes I put on my dolls. It’s not vintage and it’s not history, but what surrounds us in life,” Valentina told Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- This Artist Uses Her Face As A Canvas
- Artist Illustrates How Doing Anything Is Much Better When There Are Animals Around
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World
- Evocative Sculptures And Wearable Pieces Were Created With Ordinary Fabric
- Funny Dark Humor Comics By Artist Jenna Noble
- Artist Creates Fantastic Surreal Edits Using Animals, Plants, People, And Objects
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers