Brazilian Treatment – Mario Testino teams up with American beauty Karlie Kloss for a story lensed in Bahia, Brazil for the July issue of Vogue US. Stylist Phyllis Posnick selects a wardrobe of colorful looks for Karlie to wear as she heads to the beaches and other stunning sights of Bahia. Whether posing with Capoeira dancers or exploring the outdoors, Karlie enchants in every image. Continue reading »
Gisele Bundchen in Brasilian Vogue by the photographer Patrick Demarchelier. Continue reading »
The globe’s biggest Carnival bash opened Friday, when Rio de Janeiro’s mayor handed the key to the city to rotund King Momo, the mythical jester figure who reigns over Carnival.
About 850,000 tourists are expected in Rio during the raucous, five-day free-for-all. Millions of people across the country will take to the streets and sambadromes to dance and party, effectively putting Brazil on a week-long hiatus.
A dancer from the Mocidade samba school performs at the Sambadrome in Rio de Janeiro. (Felipe Dana/Associated Press) Continue reading »
An 85-meter high Christmas tree, said to be the world’s largest floating Christmas tree, according to the Guinness Book of Records, was unveiled at Rodrigo de Freitas Lake in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Saturday evening. With the theme “A Gift for the Brazilian Family,” the floating Christmas tree was inaugurated for its 16th edition in the annual event, which is one of the three largest events in Rio de Janeiro, along with the Brazil Carnaval and New Year’s Eve.
Fireworks explode around a Christmas tree during its lighting ceremony at Rodrigo de Freitas Lake in Rio de Janeiro Nov. 26, 2011. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Night And Day: Striking Street Photography In Japan By James Takumi Shyegun
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- People Are Posting ‘Illegal’ Lego Building Techniques And They Are Actually Genius
- Artist Redesignes Celebrities, Cartoon And Comic Characters To Look More “Serious”
- “Beauty Comes In All Sizes!”: Photoshop Artist Jay Tee Changes The Obtuse Point Of View About Beauty Today One Pound At A Time
- These Funnily Terrible Portraits Of Famous People Drawn By This ‘Artist’ Are Awfully ‘Accurate’
- Photographer Captures Socialist Architecture Of North Korea In Pastel Aesthetic
- This Makeup Artist Doesn’t Use Photoshop, But Makes Women Look Way Younger And Happier